• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to coding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    This is the main point - well made. Coders can do your job using 5% of the ability they use for their day to day activities. Why a 'management' position is seen as 'higher' or an evolution in my view is a relic from an industrial past.
    That's not even totally fair either. Managing well or understanding the business requirements is very difficult. Just as writing, all of us can write but only a few can write a book worth reading. All the respect to the ones who do their job properly. Certainly I don't share the view that they deserve a higher place up the chain. However they do certainly deserve the respect of doing a job well done and you cannot say that you would do the same in 5% of your time.

Salaries and money cannot be used as an indication for your worth in the productive chain. Otherwise we would have to admit that Beckham is 1000 times more important than a brain surgeon who saves hundreds of lives which is clearly not true.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      That's not even totally fair either. Managing well or understanding the business requirements is very difficult. Just as writing, all of us can write but only a few can write a book worth reading. All the respect to the ones who do their job properly. Certainly I don't share the view that they deserve a higher place up the chain. However they do certainly deserve the respect of doing a job well done and you cannot say that you would do the same in 5% of your time.

Salaries and money cannot be used as an indication for your worth in the productive chain. Otherwise we would have to admit that Beckham is 1000 times more important than a brain surgeon who saves hundreds of lives which is clearly not true.
      Would someone mind decoding this tulipe for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Would someone mind decoding this tulipe for me?
        Let it go. Anything that involves more than two sentences bound together is already too difficult for your limited brain capacity. Stick with monosyllable commands. At least they are in line with your language skills.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
        X