• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anonymously tip-off the IR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    However, less money floating around will mean they will concentrate on things they feel are essential (MPs allowances for example) and save money they might otherwise have spent on non-essential projects (like killing babies in Iraq).

HTH. Anything else you don't understand?

That' better than the Jokes thread in Light Relief!!

Do you honestly think that this goverment would have not gone to Iraq if they were short of money?

Wasn't the excuse for our troops not having the correct equipment in Iraq "we couldn't afford it"?

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
      My point, Noddy, is that in the real world, marching up to folk and "having it out" can result in one's next of kin being asked by doctors if they'd assent to one's bits and pieces being packed in ice and sent to various hospitals across the country.
      Well if someone does you over your either do something about it, or shut the fuk up. Not grassing people up to the authorities.

Resorting to calling me Noddy just makes you look stupid mate, grow up.

Comment

Yeh, anyone helping the stinking revenue is the lowest forms of life. Unless they are provided with real evidence they won't do anything anyway as they get umpteen thousand vague complaints every year, many malicious or unfounded.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post
          Well if someone does you over your either do something about it, or shut the fuk up. Not grassing people up to the authorities.
          It's all a point of view - some people would regard the royal reaming that Hector will deliver as "doing something about it". I'm not quite sure how that would not class as doing something about it, to be honest.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Yeh, anyone helping the stinking revenue is the lowest forms of life. Unless they are provided with real evidence they won't do anything anyway as they get umpteen thousand vague complaints every year, many malicious or unfounded.
            I disagree - anyone helping the IR chase valid tax evaders helps out, since it means less resources available to be chasing tax avoiders.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post

Do you honestly think that this goverment would have not gone to Iraq if they were short of money?
              I don't think they would not have not gone to Iraq at all. However, say they're a bit short of bullets or body armour one particular morning, they might not want to start anything, so they might stay in their bases and not go out on patrol and therefore wouldn't kill any babies that morning. Surely a result for the tax avoiders? We can't stop the whole thing, but small acts of kindness and all that...

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post

Wasn't the excuse for our troops not having the correct equipment in Iraq "we couldn't afford it"?
              If you are referring to the lack of chemical protection suits etc., the excuse was "we couldn't afford it" but the reason was "because we know there aren't any WMD". No point in shipping all that stuff all the way over there when they knew from the start it wouldn't be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                I don't think they would not have not gone to Iraq at all. However, say they're a bit short of bullets or body armour one particular morning, they might not want to start anything, so they might stay in their bases and not go out on patrol and therefore wouldn't kill any babies that morning. Surely a result for the tax avoiders? We can't stop the whole thing, but small acts of kindness and all that...

If you are referring to the lack of chemical protection suits etc., the excuse was "we couldn't afford it" but the reason was "because we know there aren't any WMD". No point in shipping all that stuff all the way over there when they knew from the start it wouldn't be needed.
                Actually no, I was refering to the young lad from Shipley who got shot dead because he was ordered to give back his body armor because they couldn't afford to buy everyone some.
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/6169381.stm

Ironic you chose the body armour in your example though....

Don't get me wrong, I personally am against the Iraq war and don't think we should have invaded, however I think you are kidding yourself if you think that people defrauding the inland revenue would in anyway have prevented it.
                Last edited by r0bly0ns; 20 August 2007, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter View Post

Resorting to calling me Noddy just makes you look stupid mate, grow up.
                  Are you doing time, by any chance? If so, let me know which HMP, and I'll send you some Anusol.

Also, it's considered correct prison slang to refer to actions such as mine as a "diabololical liberty, you slaaaaagggg!", I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
                    Are you doing time, by any chance? If so, let me know which HMP, and I'll send you some Anusol.

Also, it's considered correct prison slang to refer to actions such as mine as a "diabololical liberty, you slaaaaagggg!", I believe.
                    Must be nice in prison. 3 meals a day. Plenty of sleep. No agents constantly hassling you.

Comment

Originally posted by LGDT View Post
                      Whoooooooosh!

I do know the difference between evasion and avoidance.

In my world I believe both should be encouraged.

If a lower tax take means fewer public servants and the death of a few chavs because there aren't enough hospital beds then I reckon it's a result with winners all round.
                      That's right folks - only chavs require hospital beds

Comment

Working...
                      X