• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow Bombers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW: Muslims are not your friends. If they are your friends then they are not Muslims.
    It tells them in the Koran (about 10 times). They can not be friends with Christians, Jews and infidels. If they are then they become like the infidels and are eternaly damned. HTH.

delightfully informed and insiteful stuff and a great reflection on the poster!

or maybe i meant insightful ?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Not terribly bright, are ye?
      Dude... your one liners are getting stale, give it up and answer the mans questions

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Yes I do think the media have a lot to do with it...but they tend to just follow a story.
        I'd like to see the Muslim community push their way in.

Hassan Butt (thanks Rantor - I did read that actually, brilliant bloke. Very refreshing to be at last getting some sort of insight), and people like him, need to start taking things to the papers (as he has done), to the TV, to the streets if necessary - so that they CAN get the limelight from the media. Muslims in this country need to start having a voice (and have needed a voice for a long time).
        They need to show the rest of the country that in no uncertain terms they are disgusted with extremists.
        There are interesting liberal voices in the Muslim community saying that Islam needs its Reformation, as Christianity had one. Unfortunately, none that I know saying that all religion is b0llox and we should just ... get along.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Greg and I are not a tag team, contrary to popular belief.
          Your post was so full of holes that I couldn't be bothered to rebut it.
          I don't regard you as a tag team, that would imply that you have something to offer. I regard you as the (mental) midget in the audience shouting "go on Greg, knack im".
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis
            Dude... your one liners are getting stale, give it up and answer the mans questions
            Well you certainly aren't terribly bright
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              I don't regard you as a tag team, that would imply that you have something to offer. I regard you as the (mental) midget in the audience shouting "go on Greg, knack im".
              I'll leave the assembled congregation to judge the irony of calling me a "mental midget" after your post in question.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                Sal: I expect that a number of Muslims are caught in a religious paradox that stops them from decrying these people.

Muslims do not know if these people are genuine Jihadis or not. If they are then what they do in the name of Islam is blessed.

Whenever Muslim leaders speak out it is with very careful language.

They do not wish to become damned. Who can blame them as people of faith.

I understand that to some extent, and I know it's a "walking on eggshells" kind of ground - but I've heard Muslim figures in the past speak of the Koran, and say things like "anyone who takes the Koran as literally as to believe that killing masses will ever be seen as good, will be damned". And "the Koran teaches love, the Koran is love". That sort of stuff.
                Thats the kind of Islam we can all learn to love surely!

Surely love=good, killing=bad in any religion?! And anything different from this is extremist and should be outlawed.

I think by saying Muslims are allowed to accept these killings because they're "caught in a religious paradox" is a bit of a sit-on-the-fence, get out clause, dont you?
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

The shocking thing of these attacks is the realisation that it's not only impressionable poorly educated Muslim youths who support mass murder of innocent people. We were being comforted by the PC brigade that it was the Muslim "chavs", outsiders, the sexually frustrated. Turns out even the educated middle class Muslims are just as fundamental. We have a serious problem on our hands which we need to nip in the bud. The non Islamic populous has had enough!
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    The shocking thing of these attacks is the realisation that it's not only impressionable poorly educated Muslim youths who support mass murder of innocent people. We were being comforted by the PC brigade that it was the Muslim "chavs", outsiders, the sexually frustrated. Turns out even the educated middle class Muslims are just as fundamental. We have a serious problem on our hands which we need to nip in the bud. The non Islamic populous has had enough!
                    Can you suggest a solution? Perhaps a Final one?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                      Yes I do think the media have a lot to do with it...but they tend to just follow a story.
                      I'd like to see the Muslim community push their way in.

Hassan Butt (thanks Rantor - I did read that actually, brilliant bloke. Very refreshing to be at last getting some sort of insight), and people like him, need to start taking things to the papers (as he has done), to the TV, to the streets if necessary - so that they CAN get the limelight from the media. Muslims in this country need to start having a voice (and have needed a voice for a long time).
                      They need to show the rest of the country that in no uncertain terms they are disgusted with extremists.
                      I believe the Tories have appointed a Communities shadow minister who is Muslim. Not saying this is perfect, but perhaps this is the way forward. Have more respected Muslim figures put into positions where they can really influence communities and project the right message. Being part of government (or opposition), these leaders can put themselves into the position of pushing secular arguments for stability instead of religious ones. Being part of the government they will also be saying they are happy to be part of the fabric of British life – and that is a very important message to put across.
                      "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X