• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasgow Bombers...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Have I missed another appointment? I havent read all threads and posts today. Shame on me.
    Too busy venting your spleen
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I would agree with that except that Muslims believe the Koran is the word of God as spoken by the angel Gabriel to the prophet Mohammed (pbuh). As such it is infallible and they must obey every word. The contradictions can be ironed out due the the order of the revelations, later passages taking precedence over older ones.
      All Muslims believe this (they have to or they are not Muslims) and will do whatever the Koran tells them. It then depends which Imam is currently in favour as to what soem of the less clear chapters mean, particularly as they were written in a different time.

You can not ignore the Koran (or the hadith) when you are talking about Islam and Muslims and you can not treat its sayings as metaphorical.
      It's a funny thing I've noticed with Muslim friends and colleagues how many of them say: you have to do this or you're not a Muslim. I worked with a very pleasant doctor who inisited that a woman not wearing a headscarf is not a Muslim. Others take a different view - it always amuses me.

There are plenty of Protestants who believe that Roman Catholics are not Christians (and one or two RCs who probably think the same about Catholics).

And there are some Muslims I've known who simply don't believe that every word of the Koran is literally true but that it needs interpretation. Meanwhile, I've spent a strange few days hanging out on a bulletin board full of Christians who believe every word of the bible is literally true ('Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live', anyone?

Now, I agree that overall, the balance of literal belief in the holy book is more tilted towards a literal acceptance in Islam than in Christianity - but it's not as clear cut as I infer from your post (and particularly not in American protestant Christianity).

Comment

Have I missed another appointment? I havent read all threads and posts today. Shame on me.
        Neither have,,,but at least I don't have to put up with CD. he is blocked. Not that he ever said anything intelligable.

Oh I can't wait to see how he replies to this....then again I won't see it will I?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
          Too busy venting your spleen
          Guilty as charged M'lud.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
            at least I don't have to put up with CD. he is blocked.
            How can you see who is blocked?
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
              Employers would be subsidised, then the burden is shared. At the moment it's all on me as a taxpayer. We certainly don't need any more education, this generation have god knows what qualifications but can't wipe their arses.

Look I can't write a book here why not try and see between the lines?
              No, one of the key problems is the shocking levels of illiteracy and innumeracy. You were talking about the underclass - these people do not tend to have 'god knows what qualifications'.

And who do you think would subsidise the employer if not the taxpayer? Are you completely stupid? Even if employesr are subsidised, they are not going to take people on who they see as essentially unemployable.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                but it's not as clear cut as I infer from your post
                In Islam it is that clear cut. One of the first tenets clearly states that this book is the word of God. Muslims must believe every word or not be Muslim and ex believers are to be more harshly punished than non believers.

I am not arguing about Christians (at this time). You are right.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                  Neither have,,,but at least I don't have to put up with CD. he is blocked. .. then again I won't see it will I?
                  Shame you may learn someink.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Comment

Originally posted by Causus Deli
                    Shame you may learn someink.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
                    Deli mate, you are a pompous twat. You could do with taking it down a notch or two. You are fooking annoyingly self rightous.
                    Your odd throw aways are not half as enigmatic as you might think.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                      No, one of the key problems is the shocking levels of illiteracy and innumeracy. You were talking about the underclass - these people do not tend to have 'god knows what qualifications'.

And who do you think would subsidise the employer if not the taxpayer? Are you completely stupid? Even if employesr are subsidised, they are not going to take people on who they see as essentially unemployable.
                      I'm sorry illiteracy abounds in these communities, and in in migrants to these communities. How will this solve that problem? Does it take an educated man to make sandwiches, clean the streets, offer basic services? They will never get any skills if you simply replace them with a similarly educated person from abroad who is perhaps happy to work for a pittance because he basically has to. There is no need to import this type of people.

Comment

Working...
                      X