• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland's Independence (make it happen)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And about the Shetlands, the Treaty of Union actually destroyed the one part of the economy that was working, the Shetlanders trading with the Hansa. Pushed for by the .... Scots!

Sorry, can't see any reason why the Shetlanders would want to stay part of Scotland or should do really.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Pawning of Shetland

the payment you refer to was the pawning of shetlands which was also not recognised and nothing to do with a dowry.

I recommend the Oxford companion to scottish history great book.

Comment

What is interesting is that the scots on this site do not have this inferiority/victim of the english, complex. Which is a shame really because we have no one to wind up on this subject.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Frus88ed
          the payment you refer to was the pawning of shetlands which was also not recognised and nothing to do with a dowry.

I recommend the Oxford companion to scottish history great book.
          I meant the Treaty of Perth.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            What is interesting is that the scots on this site do not have this inferiority/victim of the english, complex. Which is a shame really because we have no one to wind up on this subject.
            Of course they don't...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              I presume they're on Contractor Scotland.

Aha that's a point so if Scotland goes independent, will all the Scottish contractors go back to Scotland.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                I presume they're on Contractor Scotland.

Aha that's a point so if Scotland goes independent, will all the Scottish contractors go back to Scotland.
                ...and if not would we 'compel' them?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

donald dewars statue

first thing that should be done after independence is get rid of the statue for that twat dewar on buchanan street and get one of william wallace up there. fckn labour party self indulgence.

now i'm off to the polls to vote for FREEEEDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts
                    first thing that should be done after independence is get rid of the statue for that twat dewar on buchanan street and get one of william wallace up there. fckn labour party self indulgence.

now i'm off to the polls to vote for FREEEEDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Which part of William Wallace?

Comment

the middle finger , and guess which direction it would point

Comment

Working...
                      X