• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland's Independence (make it happen)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll
    ...and if not would we 'compel' them?
    Well, if Scotland (or England) got turfed out the EU in the process then probably it could be the case.

Of course, this would be a totally repercussion free process.......

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts
      the middle finger , and guess which direction it would point
      Edinburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Which part of William Wallace?
        The bit that fell off on the way to Smithfield Market?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

not his small wiener I hope...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            What is interesting is that the scots on this site do not have this inferiority/victim of the english, complex. Which is a shame really because we have no one to wind up on this subject.

It's all a matter of finding the right levers

Originally posted by Churchill
            Which part of William Wallace?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Frus88ed
              No doubt about who owns it.
              Fascinating isn't it, the Scots (well the cesationists anyway) insist on thier right to independence, but seem to think the Islanders have no similar right.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                Fascinating isn't it, the Scots (well the cesationists anyway) insist on thier right to independence, but seem to think the Islanders have no similar right.
                Hey up, we'll have none of that logic stuff creeping into this thread, thank you very much!

Comment

Labour don't want it.
                  Gordo doesn't want it.

It MUST be good.

I thought they were all into "devolution" anyway, or is it only on their terms.
                  All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    The Straw Man argument. I have never said any such thing, nor has any Scottish secessionist that I know (and I probably know more than you do).

So if you do ever hear someone say that, go ahead and pick them up on it, but leave it out of the general argument, please.
                    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
                      The Straw Man argument. I have never said any such thing, nor has any Scottish secessionist that I know (and I probably know more than you do).

So if you do ever hear someone say that, go ahead and pick them up on it, but leave it out of the general argument, please.
                      Surely that is implicit to the argument that Scotland gets the oil revenues? If the islands are allowed to secede and join the Scandinavians then the Danes and Norwegians will get all the money. Also the Shetlanders will get much improved social services to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X