• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump next POTAS (trying again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Ukraine and Europe is ****ed if the orange man is president. Partially Europe's fault for not ramping up weapons production and relying on the US.

Then again I heard that Trump's plan is to tell Ukrainians that they need to give up some land and sign a peace treaty with russia or no more weapons and then tell the russians, they need to sign it and be happy, or the other side will get so many weapons russia will be fecked. Then call himself a hero. So who knows what the deranged lunatic is planning.
    Is it too late for Europe to go it alone supporting Ukraine?

If I was in a former Soviet state NATO member bordering Russia, I'd be a bit nervous at the prospect of Trump getting back in.

Comment

Originally posted by woody1 View Post

Is it too late for Europe to go it alone supporting Ukraine?

If I was in a former Soviet state NATO member bordering Russia, I'd be a bit nervous at the prospect of Trump getting back in.
      The way they are going about it, yeah they are way behind, also most armies in Europe are super small, funding has been low for years in pretty much every country and Europe hasn't even ramped up ammo production, let alone anything heavier. There's plans of spending more, but it's mostly plans, as if tulip wasn't already real now.

The big problem in Europe is that most countries don't think russia would do anything silly like attacking a NATO country, so no one is taking the threat seriously. Ex soviet states have been banging on about how russia isn't your average country and is driven by mental dictators, so logic doesn't apply, but no one listened and he we are. Now some countries are listening, but the rest seems to be fairly relaxed still, thinking that perhaps they can go back to trading with russia soon and don't really get the problem.

The main question is of course, how much of what Trump says is true, he might just be waffling on trying to win voters.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post

But is the division really created though? The way I see populism, at least when it is done honestly, is making the public aware of a division that already exists - but that they are not yet aware of.
        Sounds like you've almost defined the word "woke", making people aware or awake to things that they are asleep to.
        Yet, if you ask any of the reform loons, they will tell you that "woke" is a disgraceful blight on the world.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
          There are a lot of excerpts of Trump speeches on youtube, in which he drifts off into confusing rambles and is then silent. For some reason people are concentrating on Biden's mistakes now and completely forgetting that Trump has done many more. Trump has also confused the names of people at times and jumped wildly from subject to subject. A fair comparison shows both are very old and should be retired. Fake presentation of anger can disguise the fragility, but people should see through that.
          Trump is at least as hampered by his age and mental abilities as Biden was

Challenge is the media editorialise his speeches so they seem to make sense while highlighting where Biden slips up

Comment

Working...
          X