• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am so surprised

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so surprised

The MoD gets hacked and a whole debate has not yet blown up on here, some hours later!
    Slackers the lot of you!!!!!

Ok I'll kick off. Am I surprised given a Sopra Steria group company (SSCL) is involved? Am I ****! I am surprised its taken so long.
    China rumoured to be involved? My money would be on North Korea or the Turkish or Romanian Mafia's.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    The MoD gets hacked and a whole debate has not yet blown up on here, some hours later!
    Slackers the lot of you!!!!!

Ok I'll kick off. Am I surprised given a Sopra Steria group company (SSCL) is involved? Am I ****! I am surprised its taken so long.
    China rumoured to be involved? My money would be on North Korea or the Turkish or Romanian Mafia's.
    It's Sopra Steria, I wouldn't put it past a pair of 5 year olds to have got past their security...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It's Sopra Steria, I wouldn't put it past a pair of 5 year olds to have got past their security...
      This my dear friend is very true!
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

UserID: GShapps
        Password: Grant4PM

Also:
        UserID: MGreen

UserID: CStockheath

UserID: SFox

A bit like some of the sockies on here, all with the same IP address.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

UserID: GShapps

Also:
          UserID: MGreen

UserID: CStockheath

UserID: SFox

A bit like some of the sockies on here, all with the same IP address.

Ah yes I remember the lovely Corrine from way back.

Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

I was going to apply for a Deputy Director level perm role at the MOD last month that would have been working on the corporate services IT side including HR, Payroll, Finance etc. I attended a virtual Q&A meeting with the Director and thought I was a very good fit compared to the other candidates who were on the call.

I didn't apply in the end and after what has just happened, I definitely dodged a bullet! I can imagine what my intray would have been like in my first week!

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              I was going to apply for a Deputy Director level perm role at the MOD last month that would have been working on the corporate services IT side including HR, Payroll, Finance etc. I attended a virtual Q&A meeting with the Director and thought I was a very good fit compared to the other candidates who were on the call.

I didn't apply in the end and after what has just happened, I definitely dodged a bullet! I can imagine what my intray would have been like in my first week!
              And you probably would have been fired 10 months in anyway (with senior directors keeping their jobs, obvs).
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

And you probably would have been fired 10 months in anyway (with senior directors keeping their jobs, obvs).
                Damn, I was only going to be joining for the 29% MOD pension contribution till I retired in 5-6 years

I was surprised at the news of the hack. Not with Sopra Steria per se, my limited dealings with them have been only so so in the past, but more the fact the MOD wasn't using someone better.

As the company boasts on their website "These include delivering over 235,000 individual payments and 70 payrolls every month, disbursing and accounting for £9bn, including £3.8bn in pensions to 80 currencies and 100+ countries annually and providing one of the largest Oracle HR systems in Europe; vast quantities of personal & sensitive data."

Comment

Working...
                X