• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

29/1 odds on Susan Hall - worth a punt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
    Thanks for the tip - I got on at 29-1, ridiculous odds for what is essentially a 2 horse race.

Cash out up to £25, COME ON SUE!!!
    Now down to less than 5/1. In industry terminology, that is known as a 'gamble', usually down to backers having inside information or a snowball effect when punters see the price shortening and they jump on the bandwagon to reduce the price further.

29/1 might seem high for a two horse race but in sport at least, it's not uncommon to see one of the options at 100/1. Politics might be different admittedly.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

Now down to less than 5/1. In industry terminology, that is known as a 'gamble', usually down to backers having inside information or a snowball effect when punters see the price shortening and they jump on the bandwagon to reduce the price further.

29/1 might seem high for a two horse race but in sport at least, it's not uncommon to see one of the options at 100/1. Politics might be different admittedly.
      An hour later Hall is at odds of less than 3/1. I reckon she's on course to be the betting favourite to win by Saturday afternoon before the result is announced later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
        Thanks for the tip - I got on at 29-1, ridiculous odds for what is essentially a 2 horse race.

Cash out up to £25, COME ON SUE!!!
        Will £290 be enough for that ??
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Will £290 be enough for that ??
          well it was for Eileen
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don’t get why Hall’s odds are drifting this morning. It’s hovering around 13/1 now having gone down all the way to 4/1 or 5/1 yesterday.

Every bit of confirmed turnout data that’s come out points to a win for Hall - huge dip in turnout in traditional Labour areas, big jumps in turnout in the Tory donut, plenty of Muslims sitting this out, Green surge cannibalising the anti-Tory vote, pan-London unpopularity of ULEZ, etc.

Khan noticeably underperformed the Labour vote last time around, that can only have gotten worse, much worse, since then. Even Starmer this morning doesn’t want to talk about London and is highlighting the mayoral races won by Labour across the country.

Pretty much the only thing I can think of is that punters are still relying on the overwhelming number of opinion polls that gave Khan a comfortable win.
            Last edited by sreed; 4 May 2024, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post
              I don’t get why Hall’s odds are drifting this morning. It’s hovering around 13/1 now having gone down all the way to 4/1 or 5/1 yesterday.

Every bit of confirmed turnout data that’s come out points to a win for Hall - huge dip in turnout in traditional Labour areas, big jumps in turnout in the Tory donut, plenty of Muslims sitting this out, Greens and LD cannibalising the anti-Tory vote, pan-London unpopularity of ULEZ, etc.

Khan noticeably underperformed the Labour vote last time around, that can only have gotten worse, much worse, since then. Even Starmer this morning doesn’t want to talk about London and is highlighting the mayoral races won by Labour across the country.

Pretty much the only thing I can think of is that punters are still relying on the overwhelming number of opinion polls that gave Khan a comfortable win.
              Meanwhile, Labour are sounding pretty happy at the count

If you like the odds, fill yer boots.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Meanwhile, Labour are sounding pretty happy at the count

If you like the odds, fill yer boots.
                Oh dear. Forget the tenner, but are you saying the 3 diesel rangies that I bought on the cheap yesterday might not make me any money?!

Jokes aside, I’ve no idea of how election counts work but I’d guess that once counting starts then punters are competing with inside/leaked info, probably. So no more betting from me, I’ll just let the tenner run.
                Last edited by sreed; 4 May 2024, 11:13.

Comment

wow! - you bet a whole hour's pay??

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post
                    wow! - you bet a whole hour's pay??
                    Oh dear sounds like your employer is diddling you, minimum wage is £11+

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post
                      I’ve no idea of how election counts work
                      We gathered that

Comment

Working...
                      X