• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "29/1 odds on Susan Hall - worth a punt!"

Collapse

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

My goodness, that's a mental image that needs more than just mind bleach
    No amount of mind bleach will ever wipe that image away. What a combination!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2022 View Post

Street is Michael Fabricant’s partner so it’s a bit hard for him to disavow the Tories
    My goodness, that's a mental image that needs more than just mind bleach

Leave a comment:

• Andy2022
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Street should have stood as an independent by resigning after Rishi's HS2 announcement.

Remember Livingston won in London as an independent when Blair didn't want him to stand?

So if Street had truly stood as an independent rather then try to hide he was a Tory I think he would have won. Particularly as the Labour candidate, now Mayor's, claim to fame was that he worked with Street on some policy.
    Street is Michael Fabricant’s partner so it’s a bit hard for him to disavow the Tories

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Failed: Laurence
    Currently being investigated by the police for upskirting and posting now deleted images on X (Twitter) of a former Big Brother contestant.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-narinder-kaur

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by sreed View Post
    Street has Sunak to thank for his loss. He couldn't have gotten any more help from the Gaza candidate who polled almost 70k votes! The Greens didn't do as well as elsewhere but they weren't too far off Reform's total of 35k.
    Street should have stood as an independent by resigning after Rishi's HS2 announcement.

Remember Livingston won in London as an independent when Blair didn't want him to stand?

So if Street had truly stood as an independent rather then try to hide he was a Tory I think he would have won. Particularly as the Labour candidate, now Mayor's, claim to fame was that he worked with Street on some policy.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Diamond Geezer's summary: https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2...otes-2024.html

Leave a comment:

• sreed
    replied
    Street has Sunak to thank for his loss. He couldn't have gotten any more help from the Gaza candidate who polled almost 70k votes! The Greens didn't do as well as elsewhere but they weren't too far off Reform's total of 35k.

Leave a comment:

• fiisch
    replied
    Bottled it and cashed out for £40 profit, which in hindsight was a good decision.

Now I'm a Betfair trading god, seriously considering backing the Tories at 15/1 to win the next General Election. They obviously won't get re-elected, but 15/1 seems outrageously long. Potential for another profitable cash-out when the Tories pull their fingers out and start promising the world in a desperate attempt to stay in?

Leave a comment:

• tazdevil
    replied
    What do people want? Twats on the left and twats on the right but ne're a right mind between them. There's a Leeds councillor who shouted the call to Jihad on finding he'd won on a green ticket! Is this the British spirit?

​​​

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Street has lost by 1k according to Labour party sources

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Andy Street is losing and coming to terms with it gradually, over a period of recounts
    I heard there was 2K in it from the Beeb.

Nope.

According to The Guardian

In Coventry, Richard Parker took 32,704 votes, while Street got 23,327 – a big increase for Labour in what was last time a close call between the two parties.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Count Binface has beaten Britain Firsts candidate in London!

From the Guardian
    London mayoral hopeful Count Binface said “down with fascism, up with Ceefax” after discovering he had beaten Britain First’s candidate, Nick Scanlon.
    He told reporters at City Hall: “It looks like I have defeated Britain First in an election.

“Come on, you have to cheer about that … Down with fascism, up with Ceefax, what can I say?”

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    #Tarbytips

Where is Tarby?

Leave a comment:

• sreed
    replied
    The Gaza protest candidate is getting literally tens of thousands of votes, hth is Street not streets ahead?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What's going on in Coventry?
    Andy Street is losing and coming to terms with it gradually, over a period of recounts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X