• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

29/1 odds on Susan Hall - worth a punt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29/1 odds on Susan Hall - worth a punt!

Based on my (admittedly small) circle of acquaintances in outer London from when I used to live and work there, I think she stands a good chance of an upset tomorrow. As per what they say, they don’t know of anyone in their circles who will vote for Sadiq Khan.

I’ve put a tenner on at 29/1 on Betfair Exchange, let’s see how it goes!

I don't think so. She is a bit too far right to appeal to the majority

Sadly I think Khan will remain as the alternatives are dire. There's one independent candidate that seems sensible but they don't have a chance.

I suspect I'll vote for Binface as a protest vote and hope he gets to keep his deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sadly I think Khan will remain as the alternatives are dire. There's one independent candidate that seems sensible but they don't have a chance.

I suspect I'll vote for Binface as a protest vote and hope he gets to keep his deposit.
      Were I in London Binface would have my vote
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Susan may be on the right but she's the only viable candidate. Letting Khan in again just equates to more misery for London with his various agendas that don't suit our national capital.

Comment

Khan needs to go but no party has put forward a viable candidate, I don't think Hall is at all credible. She has some very worrying policy ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post

Susan may be on the right but she's the only viable candidate. Letting Khan in again just equates to more misery for London with his various agendas that don't suit our national capital.
            Hall is a complete and utter nutter - and that's being nice.

Luckily the London Mayor has actual limited power. Khan has had to point that out to the last Tory put up against him and also Ms Hall.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Khan needs to go but no party has put forward a viable candidate, I don't think Hall is at all credible. She has some very worrying policy ideas.
              Viable as in one that would appeal to the demographic most likely to be able to be manipulated into voting?

Policy ideas have sod all to do with the London Mayoral Election.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

She may have won.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Down to 14/1 now and apparently CCHQ are confident that Hall has won. Hopefully that happens and I get a posh restaurant meal out of it!

One overlooked aspect people are only now waking up to is that lots of Muslims are refusing to vote for Labour and that’s going to have a huge impact anywhere that’s marginal, cities, etc. They’ve lost Oldham, won’t defeat Andy Street in the Midlands and are losing quite a few inner city seats to the perennially useless Greens.

None of this will be enough to save Mr Infosys’ bacon in the general (and good riddance to him), but it’s not going to be the romp for Starmer that’s been endlessly predicted.
                  Last edited by sreed; 3 May 2024, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post
                    Down to 14/1 now and apparently CCHQ are confident that Hall has won. Hopefully that happens and I get a posh restaurant meal out of it!

One overlooked aspect people are only now waking up to is that lots of Muslims are refusing to vote for Labour and that’s going to have a huge impact anywhere that’s marginal, cities, etc. They’ve lost Oldham, won’t defeat Andy Street in the Midlands and are losing quite a few inner city seats to the perennially useless Greens.

None of this will be enough to save Mr Infosys’ bacon in the general (and good riddance to him), but it’s not going to be the romp for Starmer that’s been endlessly predicted.
                    Good to see our new arrivals are voting on important local issues! Whilst I have sympathy for innocent Palestinians its the same as I have for innocent Russians, their governments are disgusting and need overthrowing.

Reform don't seem to be doing well?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X