• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scrum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

WTF?

That ain't a scrum team.
    I have been in standups that big but the SM was very proficient, took about 30 mins.

We tended to pass up our summary to the lead for the Area before the meeting. He then spoke.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I find them useful.

I say what I worked on the previous day, what I intend working on and any issues I have or extra information (like if I need to leave early).

Everyone else does the same and we schedule any follow ups for after the meeting.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        I say what I worked on the previous day, what I intend working on and any issues I have or extra information (like if I need to leave early).
        It's disguised employees like you that mean the rest of us have to endure these meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

It's disguised employees like you that mean the rest of us have to endure these meetings.
          That's 3 sentences per person.

If it takes more than 3 sentences then take it "off line" e.g. do your own f$@£ing meeting afterwards with people who are interested in what you are going on about.

​​​
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Like anything, it works if it's done well. By me.
            Never going back to waterfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Hardly the bigger ones I have attended are across 3-4 suppliers discussing huge projects. The Agile & standups are the only way to make it work.

Again if the SM is good and contributors do it well they are much less painful than not knowing what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That's 3 sentences per person.

If it takes more than 3 sentences then take it "off line" e.g. do your own f$@£ing meeting afterwards with people who are interested in what you are going on about.

​​​
                totally agree, do your poop get off the pot!

In waterfall there were idiots arguing over a pantone colour for an hour, that did allow me to read the paper when working remotely.

Comment

Personally, I miss Waterfall, but then as a BA I find my role a bit confused in some Agile teams.

Standups descending into microanalysis of a particular issue, or a person talking step-by-step in minute detail about whatever task they did yesterday does my head in, but particularly in a remote working environment I can see the value, but they should be 15 minutes maximum. It's good to know at least at a high-level what others in the team are working on, and it's a motivator to make sure you have something to talk about in tomorrow's standup. Which reminds me, must invent something to cover for today's brainfog....

Comment

Working...
                  X