• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked at last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked at last

Took a long time!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...home-secretary

Rishi Sunak has sacked Suella Braverman as home secretary after she was blamed for inflaming tensions over Armistice Day protests and saying police favoured leftwing protesters.
    Her dismissal is expected to form part of a wider reshuffle of Sunak’s team.

In an unauthorised article for Thursday’s Times, Braverman claimed there was “a perception that senior police officers play favourites when it comes to protesters” and were tougher on rightwing extremists than pro-Palestinian “mobs”.

She was blamed by police and Labour for helping inflame tensions which saw far right groups battle police near the Cenotaph on Saturday.

It is the second time Braverman has been forced out of the same job in little more than a year. Liz Truss ordered her to resign in October last year after weeks in the job, for sending confidential information to an MP from a private email address.

Comment

Clears the way for her to challenge Sunak for leader. She's got the support of the far right, and will get backing from Farage & co.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Clears the way for her to challenge Sunak for leader. She's got the support of the far right, and will get backing from Farage & co.
        proof?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

proof?
          https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...ed/ar-AA1jHoRT

Comment

I can see him in the "I'm with Suella" T shirt now! Maybe they will dress him up before he eats bugs!

“I like very much what Suella Braverman has to say, my disappointment is she never actually delivers any of it.”
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, literally no one saw her being reshuffled to fit in call me Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Well, literally no one saw her being reshuffled to fit in call me Dave
                As he is not an MP he can't be called to the Commons. So basically the foreign secretary will always be absent from the Commons.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I can see him in the "I'm with Suella" T shirt now! Maybe they will dress him up before he eats bugs!

Once she gets in he can then undermine her so he can become leader of Conservatives....

He's done it before.

He plays a long game.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

As he is not an MP he can't be called to the Commons. So basically the foreign secretary will always be absent from the Commons.
                    He'll be getting details from Liz Truss about the pork markets.

Since Rishi is bringing in unelected people to his government, does that mean BoJo is going to be offered another job?

Comment

Working...
                    X