• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

It's outside and my usual rate, took me nearly two and a half months to get there and in this market, I don't think that's too bad.

However, rather relieved now but I've never seen it this bad. If things don't improve by 2025 I think I will have to give up on freelancing after 31 years because it doesn't work out in the long term if the job market stays this challenging.

Lots of people are telling me Permie is just as bad.

I think it will be a couple of months until Israel sort their issues out.

Energy is on the way up which is never good for business. Why successive governments didn't follow France's lead and go pretty much self-sufficient in energy is criminal.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Why successive governments didn't follow France's lead and go pretty much self-sufficient in energy is criminal.
      I thought we had - our energy is supplied by French companies!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Energy is on the way up which is never good for business.

FTSE 250 had 1000 point rally in the last three days. Because US Fed done increasing interest rates.

A chance that the worst could be behind us now.

Comment

Energy is on the way up which is never good for business. Why successive governments didn't follow France's lead and go pretty much self-sufficient in energy is criminal.
          I don't know about that, quite a few permie roles have come my way. Turned one down yesterday at 90K as it was almost identical to the contract gig and with no prospect of career progression or fresh challenges. A contract role dressed as a permanent role.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X