• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep getting logged out of forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep getting logged out of forum

Anyone else having problems with the forum in Chrome logging you out constantly before you can finish a post. Couldn't even vote on the CV in PDF post before it logged me out. Done it on two different laptops, and different wifis but always chrome. OK on my phone though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Take the hint

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Anyone else having problems with the forum in Chrome logging you out constantly before you can finish a post. Couldn't even vote on the CV in PDF post before it logged me out. Done it on two different laptops, and different wifis but always chrome. OK on my phone though.
      Hasn't been happening to me, though I'm using Safari. I'm not sure why it would happen in Chrome though. FWIW, the state of being logged in is determined by a cookie, so maybe check if you have any extensions, adblockers or such, that might be interfering?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Same. when I reply to a thread have to login again. On chrome.

Comment

It just times out for me. Oh, no, it worked this time.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It just times out for me. Oh, no, it worked this time.
            I believe the timeouts are due to somebody currently reconfiguring the overall server setup (I just got a CloudFlare timeout error, and I don't recall CloudFlare previously being part of things), so with a bit of luck they'll stop once everything is reconfigured and things settle down

I don't think that should affect login status though, and it's odd that it's happening on only one browser

Comment

Replying from Chrome, just to see if it happens to me… edited to add: nope, not this time

Comment

Updated Chrome as it was seriously out of date, and trying again… still OK

Comment

Ironically I was getting logged out whilst trying to reply to this thread.

Happened to me several times using Edge so not just affecting Chrome users.

Comment

Testing - earwig,earwig,earwig

Hmm, seems ok so far.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X