• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor to SaudiArabia relocation cost expenses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serverax View Post

BAE Systems operates abroad and under their projects they are demanding UK SC
    Originally posted by BAE Recruitment Advert
    EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia. SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
    Perhaps you should go as an employee...
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by serverax View Post

BAE Systems operates abroad and under their projects they are demanding UK SC
      BAE are an SC sponsor, and a UK based company. And as they run the Eurojet fighters in Saudi, and as SC is required for a lot of the EJ work, then they can sponsor individuals to work on those roles.

But any current (non BAE) SC will not be relevant once you move abroad so it would likely be a transfer to BAE.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Wow, would love to work in the middle east. I have not heard of contractors getting relocation amounts, it is usually on the individual. In this case, I would get over there, find a flat/house share and enjoy the experiance.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
          Wow, would love to work in the middle east. I have not heard of contractors getting relocation amounts, it is usually on the individual. In this case, I would get over there, find a flat/house share and enjoy the experiance.
          Enjoy the experience?

Endure the experience and think about the money is probably more accurate...

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Enjoy the experience?

Endure the experience and think about the money is probably more accurate...
            especially in KSA ime

Comment

I have visited a couple of times and loved it. Get a fast car and enjoy the roads, food, sun and sea.
              Dubai is a 8hr drive and you can easily spend a w/e there.

Comment

Originally posted by SchumiStars View Post
                I have visited a couple of times and loved it. Get a fast car and enjoy the roads, food, sun and sea.
                Dubai is a 8hr drive and you can easily spend a w/e there.
                Visiting is completely different to living and working there

Comment

Working...
                X