• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor to SaudiArabia relocation cost expenses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by serverax View Post

They need UK SC
    Where's the nearest public car park or do they let you park on site?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Where's the nearest public car park or do they let you park on site?
      Its relocating from the UK to Saudi Arabia, so the work will be in Saudi, not in the UK,and the project needs UK SC , therefore,I am asking about the relocating expenses.

Comment

Its relocating from the UK to Saudi Arabia, so the work will be in Saudi, not in the UK,and the project needs UK SC , therefore,I am asking about the relocating expenses.
        Which means that it's niche enough that it may be possible to get relocation expenses if no one else is willing to do it without them...

For overseas work I would expect travel expenses and a certain number of return flight included based on the newly added information...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They need UK SC
          Sounds like defence fast jet stuff
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Well there's your leverage, UK SC isn't something common and I bet there's not a lot of people with SC that want to move to SA, so try to use that to your advantage. If this job is being arranged via an agency, don't be surprised if the client agreed to cover extra costs but the agency is simply not telling you this and holding on to the money, trying to see how cheaply they can get you on.

Also, are you sure you want to move there and not just get a hotel + flights from time to time? less hassle, might also be easier to get that covered by the client. If you are moving how will you operate over there? is it via a local umbrella company?

Another also, make sure you know what you are getting into with SA, search this forum for related topics as I'm sure I've read some stuff from people who have been there and it wasn't exactly fabulous.

And as I said before, check payment terms and make sure you have enough cash to cough up at the start.

Comment

UK SC is only valid if you live in the UK.
              If you relocate you will lose SC.

You can still work temporarily abroad and retain SC. But you must inform the SC sponsor about this work. Especially as SC clearance for NATO classification (I'm guessing that) work requires a very different risk assessment to UK only defense work.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

You can still work temporarily abroad and retain SC. But you must inform the SC sponsor about this work. Especially as SC clearance for NATO classification (I'm guessing that) work requires a very different risk assessment to UK only defense work.
                Possible that they just want someone who passed SC at some stage ie. is trustworthy? I know it's a long shot, but we know nothing about this job ad or perhaps the agency / client doesn't actually understand the requirements for the job?

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Possible that they just want someone who passed SC at some stage ie. is trustworthy? I know it's a long shot, but we know nothing about this job ad or perhaps the agency / client doesn't actually understand the requirements for the job?
                  Or even "if" there's a job and the OP isn't just dicking around.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                    You are a contractor. This sort of stuff is on the contractor.

That £10k is probably for permies and then they usually expect you stay for > 3 years or pay it back if sooner.
                    I'm going permie with NEOM and they offered me 75,000 SAR for relocation costs ( standard for all NEOM ) but if you leave before a year is up then they will be clawing some of it back pro rata. That's paid on your 1st month wage and covers your out of pocket expenses like a medical and visa services - but that's all you really need to pay for as they fly you out and house you along the way

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

BAE Systems operates abroad and under their projects they are demanding UK SC

Comment

Working...
                      X