• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Didn't take long

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

The sooner the world stops labelling people by skin, religion, country, ethnicity and we realise we are all the human race and no one but mother nature owns any part of the world the better.

Humans treat humans so badly and none of it makes any sense as to why.
    oh my god people decide not to abide by the rules, people rightly take exception and you decide that is racism - you are the one that needs help
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh my god people decide not to abide by the rules, people rightly take exception and you decide that is racism - you are the one that needs help
      No it's a ism all right, the human race needs help.. this is our land, home-grown, the rules.... jeez such awful statements.... not sure what you'd call it maybe humanism, but it's not based on race what we are doing to these people is all too typical of the human race, and if you knew me which you never will, you would realise I have suffered and lived my entire life being racially abused.
      Last edited by GregRickshaw; 12 August 2023, 19:38.

Comment

No it's a ism all right, the human race needs help.. this is our land, home-grown, the rules.... jeez such awful statements.... not sure what you'd call it maybe humanism, but it's not based on race what we are doing to these people is all too typical of the human race, and if you knew me which you never will, you would realise I have suffered and lived my entire life being racially abused.
        Such a bigoted and arrogant worldview.

Comment

We are not a country of limitless resources - we don't have the spare capacity in employment, housing, healthcare and education to look after our current population never mind an uncontrolled influx of illegal migrants.

If you are trying to enter the country illegally, what else are you hiding?

On a side note, who are these young men going to pair up with in the fullness of time? Do we have a surplus of young females in the UK?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            the French see themselves as separate (and hence superior) to everyone they meet who aren't French
            And the Parisians view themselves as separate from the French!

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Priti Nasty isn't happy with Cruella Braverman

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...essex-raf-base

The former home secretary Priti Patel has accused the government of being “secretive” and “evasive” about plans to house asylum seekers on a disused RAF base which has become the target of protests and legal challenges.

She demanded answers from Suella Bravermen, the current home secretary, in a letter, saying there was an “alarming and staggering” lack of clarity about how long the site would be used for and how many people would be accommodated there.

The site at RAF Wethersfield in Essex is one of a number of military bases that have been earmarked, along with the Bibby Stockholm barge, to house asylum seekers in an attempt to reduce costs of hotel accommodation.

However, the plans have been opposed by local residents and human rights and refugee campaigners who have told the Home Office it is cruel to hold asylum seekers in conditions of “quasi-detention” in remote areas far from communities and support networks. Braintree district council has brought legal action to challenge the use of the airfield to house up to 1,700 men.

Patel tweeted a copy of her letter – addressed to Braverman and the immigration minister Robert Jenrick – in which she complained of getting “no definitive answers” to questions posed in correspondence and in parliament about the timeframe for the site.

She said it had been drawn to her attention over the weekend that the government was planning to use the site for years.

The Telegraph reported on internal Home Office documents outlining that the government was planning to use disused RAF bases including Wethersfield to house migrants for between three and five years, or longer.

“The lack of a direct response to my questions relating to the length of time the Home Office plans to use the site for asylum accommodation gives the impression that the Home Office is being evasive,” said Patel, whose Witham constituency is close to Wethersfield.

She added that local partners had asked the same questions but communications from the government had been “ineffective” and the latest version of a Home Office factsheet on Wethersfield referred to the issue only as “temporary” and that it would be kept under review.

“This suggests that the government is being secretive about its intentions, but the local community and partners need to know what the government’s plans are,” said Patel. While a temporary “Class Q” designation for the site was for a 12-month period, she said that reports at the weekend indicated it would be used for much longer.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

House groups of young men on disused military bases while they await the clarion call - now that sounds like a cunning plan...

Time to stock up on beans and shotgun shells...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X