• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop sending CV's, you're not a permie.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Just a reminder that this guy posts about job ads on guess what ..... Jobserve

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2977164
    I'm sure you had a point?

Notice at the bottom of the ad, there's the name of the recruiter. You call that person, get their RFP from their client then craft your strategy for getting in front of the client. Sometimes that's a CV, for me it's often not.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Notice at the bottom of the ad, there's the name of the recruiter. You call that person, get their RFP from their client then craft your strategy for getting in front of the client. Sometimes that's a CV, for me it's often not.
      I think the point is that, realistically, most recruiters have a vague job spec at best - are themselves just a cog in the preferred supplier wheel, and don't have time to faff about with contractors that won't follow the process.

As has been said to you a million times now, if your world is special and different and you can get away with, well done you and I implore you to keep doing what works. But I've recruited on behalf of clients for both permies and contractors, and I can tell you now, they wanted CV's through the normal process. Promises of powerpoints and presentations, requests for RFP's beyond our already public job spec would have been met with bemusement and some laughs.

But, of course, it seems you operate on a much higher plane to the rest of us so well done, keep up the good work.

Personally I've had more than enough success by submitting CV's, more often and not having being proactively approached by the recruiter or customer, and if I can get through that stage then my conversion rate is as near to 100% as damnit (I didn't get the job twice - once when I got bored of a stupid interview, the second time they rejected me and then came back to me later).

So, like a lot of other people in this thread, you aren't offering me any advice which is going to realistically alter my prospects. You just keep arrogantly repeating the same point, as if you've some magical knowledge we don't.
      Last edited by vwdan; 22 June 2023, 15:34. Reason: You're your etc

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

So, like a lot of other people in this thread, you aren't offering me any advice which is going to realistically alter my prospects. You just keep arrogantly repeating the same point, as if you've some magical knowledge we don't.
        and his cat's got bigger bollox than anyone else's

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Yes, yes. You're a special snowflake. Lucky you.

Thread closed.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
          X