• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson Gone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson Gone

huh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65863267

Boris Johnson is to step down as an MP with immediate effect after receiving the Partygate report.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Tinfoil hat.

There is a conspiracy afoot.

Boris and Dorries had agreed that Dorries would get a damehood and seat in the Lords.

Boris would take Dorries safe seat at next election and sharpen his knife for bff Sunak.

Sunak, hoping partgate would kill Boris for good, found out and vetoed Dorries damehood.

Boris got the partygate report and confirmed he was facing suspension and by-election in a marginal seat.

Boris gave order 66. Dorries quits with immediate effect resulting in a by-election. Boris quits with immediate effect to avoid Parliament sanctioning him.

Boris takes Dorries seat at byelection and gets a clean slate from partygate. to start stabby stabby.

Comment

One problem - Boris Johnson has to get Nadine Dorries local conservative party to put him down as a candidate.

He actually makes more money giving speeches than in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        One problem - Boris Johnson has to get Nadine Dorries local conservative party to put him down as a candidate.

Boris is still very popular with party members.

He will make more money if people think he has a shot at PM again.

Comment

Just a thought but he could re-stand in his current seat which is my old stamping ground. He has a huge reputation as a constituency MP there. It would be an interesting litmus test...

The other thing is he has killed off Harperson's kangaroo court.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Just a thought but he could re-stand in his current seat which is my old stamping ground. He has a huge reputation as a constituency MP there. It would be an interesting litmus test...
            Not going to happen and his reputation isn't that good.

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            The other thing is he has killed off Harperson's kangaroo court.
            Ahh the blnkered.

Boris Johnson could have stayed and fought to be re-elected after suspension.

Comment

Fantastic news
              I opened another bottle of champers to celebrate
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
                Boris quits with immediate effect to avoid Parliament sanctioning him.
                What about the whole investigation into party gate, chequers gate, and however many gates they were during covid lockdowns? Is he now off the hook?

Comment

Not going to happen and his reputation isn't that good.

Ahh the blnkered.

Boris Johnson could have stayed and fought to be re-elected after suspension.
                  Hes a Trump lite, just see his quitting statement. Fake news, witch hunt, labour conspiracy.

Like Trump he has a die hard core of voters. I highly doubt he doesn't make a run for leadership. Heaven forbid if Trump gets elected.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

What about the whole investigation into party gate, chequers gate, and however many gates they were during covid lockdowns? Is he now off the hook?
                    This is specifically about lying to the House, rather than the actual parties. Maybe there are other incidents where he lied (probably is) but I think in reality they have shot their shot and I can see public opinion turning heavily into 'I don't care, focus on cost of living' if they tried again. Afterall to joe public all politicians lie all the time, yet if they dare lie to each other there is hell to pay.
                    Last edited by JustKeepSwimming; 9 June 2023, 21:18.

Comment

Working...
                    X