• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boris Johnson Gone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boris Johnson Gone"

Collapse

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Stench of annoying sockie in the air too.
    Don't give up the day job.

No wonder this forum is on life support.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
    I think so, but equally I chose to never underestimate any politicians ability to **** things up.
    I guess that will be final insult if they fold now, stupid idiots should have kept Boris and avoid tax increases - other than nuking non-dom statuses

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Another Tory MP resigned. Sniff of general election in the air.
    Stench of annoying sockie in the air too.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

They will be out for 10-15 years, minimum
    I think so, but equally I chose to never underestimate any politicians ability to **** things up.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    More than likely, I'm sure there are many who rather get out now and let Labour take some of the flack for the current mess and have a better shot in 2028ish.
    They will be out for 10-15 years, minimum

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Tories will be wiped out, electorally
    More than likely, I'm sure there are many who rather get out now and let Labour take some of the flack for the current mess and have a better shot in 2028ish.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Tories will be wiped out, electorally

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Just a thought but he could re-stand in his current seat which is my old stamping ground. He has a huge reputation as a constituency MP there. It would be an interesting litmus test...

The other thing is he has killed off Harperson's kangaroo court.
    Polling on Uxbridge seems split. Ashcroft has Boris winning by 17 points, others show Labour with 12 point lead. Considering he won with 15 points in 2019 I'm sceptical he would improve considering all other polls show tories being on fire.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by dsc View Post

What about the whole investigation into party gate, chequers gate, and however many gates they were during covid lockdowns? Is he now off the hook?
    This is specifically about lying to the House, rather than the actual parties. Maybe there are other incidents where he lied (probably is) but I think in reality they have shot their shot and I can see public opinion turning heavily into 'I don't care, focus on cost of living' if they tried again. Afterall to joe public all politicians lie all the time, yet if they dare lie to each other there is hell to pay.
    Last edited by JustKeepSwimming; 9 June 2023, 21:18.

Leave a comment:

• JustKeepSwimming
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not going to happen and his reputation isn't that good.

Ahh the blnkered.

Boris Johnson could have stayed and fought to be re-elected after suspension.
    Hes a Trump lite, just see his quitting statement. Fake news, witch hunt, labour conspiracy.

Like Trump he has a die hard core of voters. I highly doubt he doesn't make a run for leadership. Heaven forbid if Trump gets elected.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    Boris quits with immediate effect to avoid Parliament sanctioning him.
    What about the whole investigation into party gate, chequers gate, and however many gates they were during covid lockdowns? Is he now off the hook?

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Fantastic news
    I opened another bottle of champers to celebrate

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Just a thought but he could re-stand in his current seat which is my old stamping ground. He has a huge reputation as a constituency MP there. It would be an interesting litmus test...
    Not going to happen and his reputation isn't that good.

Ahh the blnkered.

Boris Johnson could have stayed and fought to be re-elected after suspension.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    One problem - Boris Johnson has to get Nadine Dorries local conservative party to put him down as a candidate.

He actually makes more money giving speeches than in politics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X