• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farnborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived there for a year (my first job after uni, late 80s)

It was OK back then, lots of lovely countryside around. And if you thought Farnborough was bad, you only needed to drive 10 mins up the road to Aldershot to see how lucky you were to be in Farnborough.

Quite a few posh towns nearby though so some nice pubs etc.

Of course this was nearly 35 years ago so it's probably all changed - I never felt the urge to return and check

Comment

The people in the office here also didn't have too much to say about the place either but I did find out that Napoleon (*) is buried here:

St Michael's Abbey, Farnborough - napoleon.org

Went to Asda yesterday, first time ever. Different....

(* a different one)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        The people in the office here also didn't have too much to say about the place either but I did find out that Napoleon (*) is buried here:

St Michael's Abbey, Farnborough - napoleon.org

Went to Asda yesterday, first time ever. Different....

(* a different one)
        Oh god I remember that from 2000-2001 at IBM across the road. Yes different, luckily I was on unlimited overtime and got fed a free takeaway at work if there after 7pm. I see the Alexandra is still there, that was my lunchtime paper and a pint(s) retreat. I had a room in Church Crookham. No fancy hotels then.

But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I stayed in the Aviator hotel when I went to the BDO World Darts when it was still a thing.

It is in the shape of a propeller. That will keep you amused for at least 30 minutes.

You can watch planes land at the airport if your room is that side.

Endless fun.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
          X