• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farnborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farnborough

Have to go to Farnborough to do some work next week, looks a bit boring but I bet someone here can provide a hint or two, tia...(Canary Wharf in two weeks, what a lucky bugger I am)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Have to go to Farnborough to do some work next week, looks a bit boring but I bet someone here can provide a hint or two, tia...(Canary Wharf in two weeks, what a lucky bugger I am)
    Its a bit of a tuliphole!
    Lots of the defence industry moved out about 15 years ago but remnants and the odd squaddie remain. Depends what you want? Holiday Inn Express with a side order of the Golden Arches for dinner looking out over the car park at a teenage pregnancy problem? Yep Farnborough good for that! The Ritz with a side order of Michelin star looking out over pastoral and idyllic rivers, fields and meadows? Commute from somewhere else!
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Commiserations. It has a train station and an airport. There are also roads out.

Comment

Good for the airshow every couple of years

Comment

HyperD formerly of this parish used to take his lady friends to https://www.aviatorhampshire.com/ so might be worth a looksee for grub

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            HyperD formerly of this parish used to take his lady friends to https://www.aviatorhampshire.com/ so might be worth a looksee for grub

Mudskipper you still in Fleet? Both you and I are just down the road. Maybe we can arrange to meet darmstadt and then mug him for his contracting £££££
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Commiserations. It has a train station and an airport. There are also roads out.
              It does indeed have an airport, but you do have to provide your own plane. Not sure if that helps.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Mudskipper you still in Fleet? Both you and I are just down the road. Maybe we can arrange to meet darmstadt and then mug him for his contracting £££££
                Still in Blackwater. Have chucked in contracting and am currently enjoying a life of leisure! But yep would be up for a meet at some point

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Still in Blackwater.
                  Why did I read that as Backwater?

Ahh cos that's how I feel every time I've worked in that area....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Got a bit of a suntan stuck in a traffic jam on the Brussels ring road and then got rained on in Kent, is that a metaphor for something? Well my hotel isn't too bad at all, reasonably posh in fact: Luxury Hotel, Restaurant, Bar, Wedding & Event Venue | Aviator (aviatorhampshire.com)

The other, which was also recommended was booked out but is not quite as classy albeit nearer to where I'm plying my trade: Village Hotel Farnborough | Hotel In Hampshire With A Pool (village-hotels.co.uk)

Now to find a curry house....
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X