• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance for Company owned / registered motorbike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for Company owned / registered motorbike

Hi All,

I've recently bought a motorbike through my limited company, this means the owner and registered keeper of the bike is my company.

I am however having trouble finding insurance as most companies insist on the legal owner and the registered keeper being an individual person.

Is anyone else in this situation and if so could they provide a recommendation on insurers to approach?

Thanks
    Dan

Originally posted by dan123c View Post
    Hi All,

I've recently bought a motorbike through my limited company, this means the owner and registered keeper of the bike is my company.

I am however having trouble finding insurance as most companies insist on the legal owner and the registered keeper being an individual person.

Is anyone else in this situation and if so could they provide a recommendation on insurers to approach?

Thanks
    Dan
    The owner of the bike would be the company but the registered keeper should be you
    https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/regist...owner-of-a-car
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

<checks which part of the forum this is in> Sorted.

You didn't think to check this BEFORE you bought it????
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sell it to yourself for less than the company paid and have the company rent it back

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Sell it to yourself for less than the company paid and have the company rent it back
          And what would that achieve?

The OP can make themselves the registered keeper. All is nice and legal then.

Might need to check any appliable BIK rules though.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

No because we are either smart enough to check this before buying an expensive asset, or not stupid enough to admit it in general
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks
              Dan
              1. Did you discuss the purchase with your accountant?
              2. Do you know how to bleed radiators?
              3. Do you like films about Gladiators?
              4. Finally to appease WTFH, how do you feel about a remake of Roots with an all white cast?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                1. Finally to appease WTFH, how do you feel about a remake of Roots with an all white cast?
                You seem to like to bring race into your posts a lot.
                If you brought gender in that frequently, people may well accuse you of being sexist.

(I await the rest of your clan diving in)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks
                  Dan
                  Are you trying to buy insurance as an individual, like via Compare The Market or another aggregator or are you buying business motor insurance via a business broker?

As it is owned by the company, you need proper business insurance and it sounds to me like you're trying to get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You seem to like to bring race into your posts a lot.
                    If you brought gender in that frequently, people may well accuse you of being sexist.

(I await the rest of your clan diving in)
                    Clan? Aww, feeling a little ganged up on? Maybe the problem is you. Just saying.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X