• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proud to be British!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm proud to be British and Swiss. Just got naturalised. As Swiss, for the avoidance of misunderstanding.

19 - Shepherd's pie. It's tough to get mince lamb here without remortgaging the house, but when I do get hold of some... yum. You can't beat it.
    nip over to lorrach and use one of the little back roads

Comment

The important thing about the British museum is that we were racing the rest of European nations, have you seen the Egyptian section of the Louvre?

https://www.louvre.fr/en/explore/the...f-egyptian-art

The Germans seem to be doing better at it:

https://www.csmonitor.com/The-Cultur...aged-artifacts

Same goes for the British Empire, In Africa & India there were alternatives, the Dutch, French & Germans were already there and armed. We just managed to bribe the right officials and take over.

Makes me laugh when everyone blames the British for being a colony, just imagine if it had been Belgium which was a real possibility. just see how well they did with the Congo & Rwanda!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Belgian Congo is, of course, Our Fault since we invented Belgium in the Treaty of London 1839.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It appears the British Museum has triggered a few.
          Maybe we should send all the stuff back to where it came from, or a museum in Rwanda.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

19 - Shepherd's pie. It's tough to get mince lamb here without remortgaging the house, but when I do get hold of some... yum. You can't beat it.
            But you can eat it, with a fork!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Panto!!
              And our pantomime dames.

Our drag queens (RIP Lily Savage)

Drag Race UK

​​
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

But you can eat it, with a spork!
                FTFY.

Hand whittled by an off-grid, blind, vegan, one-legged lesbian spoon whittler.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X