• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crapita

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crapita

oops.................
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...tack-nhs-fears

'It also holds a contract with HM Revenue and Customs to automate some of the tax collection authority’s processes.'

I wonder if they pay their Head of cybersecurity £57,000 as well......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tack-nhs-fears

A spokesperson for Capita, who was unable to access their own email, said in a statement dictated over the phone: “We are aware of a technical issue with our systems, which we are investigating.”

Comment

There is more than one Capita; it's a bit like the description of the old Shackleton aircraft; 20,000 rivets flying in close formation. The bit I worked with a while back also managed to screw up a client's database when their five nines datacentre* went offline for a day or two...

*For those unfamiliar with the term, a datacentre with 99.999% availability, meaning everything, including environment, servers, storage, power and networks are duplicated on hot standby and therefor always available. 0.001% of a year is about 5.25 minutes...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          There is more than one Capita;..
          yeh, still all Crap though

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            There is more than one Capita; it's a bit like the description of the old Shackleton aircraft; 20,000 rivets flying in close formation. The bit I worked with a while back also managed to screw up a client's database when their five nines datacentre* went offline for a day or two...

*For those unfamiliar with the term, a datacentre with 99.999% availability, meaning everything, including environment, servers, storage, power and networks are duplicated on hot standby and therefor always available. 0.001% of a year is about 5.25 minutes...
            When it really matters and you are the "Vmware global team" you put the licenses for my five nines VMware installation on another continent then take that offline.
            You know it makes sense!
            Corporate screwed my beautiful super stable cluster up without telling me! Still miffed 15 years later.What s.

need a muppet emojie I want Gonzo!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

When it really matters and you are the "Vmware global team" you put the licenses for my five nines VMware installation on another continent then take that offline.
              You know it makes sense!
              Corporate screwed my beautiful super stable cluster up without telling me! Still miffed 15 years later.What s.

need a muppet emojie I want Gonzo!
              They thought you clearly did that to waste money.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

They thought you clearly did that to waste money.
                They clearly didn't, they were just miffed I was doing VMware on site before they had their big pants on.

I actually saved money by doing a hardware refresh for about £5-10k less than individual servers whilst enabling five nines assuming no idiot messes with it.

They even put the price up as my quote direct was cheaper than via corporate when they finally got on board.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

They clearly didn't, they were just miffed I was doing VMware on site before they had their big pants on.

I actually saved money by doing a hardware refresh for about £5-10k less than individual servers whilst enabling five nines assuming no idiot messes with it.

They even put the price up as my quote direct was cheaper than via corporate when they finally got on board.
                  Never apologise and FFS never explain to a twunt!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I'm sure all those customers, including those classed as critical national infrastructure, did their due diligence to confirm Capita have robust BCP and DR procedures in place...

Comment

Working...
                    X