• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

designed by a consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

designed by a consultant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-toilets.html

A women's rights campaigner has hit out at a London theatre over its gender-inclusive toilets which she claimed made her feel 'really uncomfortable'.

The 'all gender' lavatory at the Lyric Hammersmith in West London features five urinals and one cubicle.

Feminist journalist and author Joan Smith was left horrified by the 'lack of privacy for myself and any man who might come in' when she visited on Tuesday.
    obviously no women was asked about how many stalls they need. normally its about 3 - 4 stalls to 1 urinal spot (my wife/daughters complain about the massive queues at most venues)

Sorry lady you lost the privacy part when it was all gender cleaners in loos. Though for politeness a separate area for urinals would make sense for both sides, the ladies don't want to walk through a river of urine and I don't want to shock warty how many ladies have seen my winky!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

They say they've still got gender specific toilets. But that "all gender" lavatory is clearly just another men's toilet.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      They say they've still got gender specific toilets. But that "all gender" lavatory is clearly just another men's toilet.

The sign on the door shows there are 5 urinals and one cubicle, and states "all genders" so what is she complaining about?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

ClientCo has "Unisex" toilets available along with separate "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" facilities on each floor - I for one will not be making use of "Unisex" facilities - must be a "generation" thing.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          ClientCo has "Unisex" toilets available along with separate "Ladies" and "Gentlemen" facilities on each floor - I for one will not be making use of "Unisex" facilities - must be a "generation" thing.
          That was introduced at my previous client, then there were complaints from some of the community that no one but they were using them!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Back when I had to work in an office the client co had unisex toilets. However they were simply approx 5 separate toilets with their own wash basins and their own doors that led on to a corridor. Basically the same as a unisex disabled toilet though with less space, no yellow bin, no bars and no pull down alarm.

Comment

The last thing I want when I'm spending a penny is to find myself next to a cubicle in which a 20 stone bricky is parting ways with the previous night's bindi.com washed down with 8 pints of potholer

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Largely Ginny View Post
                  The last thing I want when I'm spending a penny is to find myself next to a cubicle in which a 20 stone bricky is parting ways with the previous night's bindi.com washed down with 8 pints of potholer
                  Inneresting.

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                  I mean, the situation in which I could be spending a penny next door to some brickie who had washed down a bindi.com down with 10 pints of Butcombe the night before is an infringement of my human dignity surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    They’ve got unisex toilets on Weymouth sea front. I didn’t want to use them because I didn’t want to stand in p1ss and have to wipe the seat before I sat down.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X