• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MOT survey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Largely Ginny View Post
    I'm amazed that a car over 25 years old no longer needs an MOT - they're surely the ones that are more likely to have bits fall off on the M4 at 70 mph.

I used to drive a 1973 Saab 96 back in the mid 90s & that needed a MOT but was exempt from road tax. Not sure when this law changed.
    V4 or 2 stroke?
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm amazed that a car over 25 years old no longer needs an MOT - they're surely the ones that are more likely to have bits fall off on the M4 at 70 mph.

I used to drive a 1973 Saab 96 back in the mid 90s & that needed a MOT but was exempt from road tax. Not sure when this law changed.
      I'm amazed you haven't been nuked yet, gricer.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I'm amazed you haven't been nuked yet, gricer.
        I think of WTFH as one of those partially blind aged tomcats playing with a crippled mouse. Wait till Cojak falls out of bed!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Hmmm... Passed my car test 54 years ago...
          What in, an Austin A35?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

V4 or 2 stroke?

V4 - in fact it was one of these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	saab-95-1.jpg?w=768.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	4257522

My very first car, I inherited it from my grandfather and I've been driving Saabs ever since. Peak Saab for me was a 1987 Saab 900 turbo convertible - like being carried around everywhere on a Parker Knoll armchair, wonderful drive. In all I've owned 12 different Saabs and even nearly changed my name to Saabrina after a particularly heavy night at the Mildmay Arms a few years back.

My 2010 9-3 2.0T now has 170k miles on the clock and is a source of some anxiety as I know she will have to be replaced but what with, I haven't a clue. I don't want a Volvo, too staid and as far as BMWs and Audis go, I just don't like the driver profile. The only other car I've ever driven in anger was a Toyota Camry when I worked in Australia - nice car but again discontinued (I think) and besides they were never available here in the first place.
            Last edited by Largely Ginny; 23 March 2023, 20:20.

Comment

I don't want a Volvo, too staid and as far as BMWs and Audis go, I just don't like the driver profile.
              Inneresting.

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
              Wouldn't contemplate driving anything else in the same class from any other manufacturer because he never "liked the driver profile" of BMW/Audi/Volvo drivers etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Sox Machine View Post

Inneresting.
                Wasn't hard to spot. Had all the hallmarks from the very first troll post in prof but nothing was done. If they want to let him play in General then fair enough but trolling prof is not on so bit hacked off they won't deal with it at that point.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What in, an Austin A35?
                  No, a Humber Hawk. Been driving for about four years before that on the farm, and passed my bike test the year before.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I don't want a Volvo, too staid .
                    You wouldn't say that if you driven my T5R....

Come to that, zero experience of other makes is not a qualification for saying Saabs are the best. They were often good cars, but they had some shockers along the way.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X