• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would Musk put you off driving a Tesla?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would Musk put you off driving a Tesla?

Just wondering whether his public persona is negatively influencing attitudes towards Tesla EVs.
    No, AFAIC, Musk is a positive influence
    10.53%
    No, Musk has no bearing one way or the other, and I'd only judge the EVs on their actual merits
    52.63%
    Yes, he would put me off driving a Tesla
    36.84%
    No, but if AndyW drove one...
    0%
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

I am really in the middle, he is a negative about owning a Tesla, but saying that, I prefer to support Elon Musk over supporting the Oil Industry.

Comment

I have no interest in owning an electric vehicle but if I were to buy one then it would be based on real-world information I could glean about the car rather than the person behind the brand.

Musk is a prize twat but he is pretty good at hiring people to do the hard work (and also good at sacking them!).

If he was actually doing the development work then I wouldn't touch any of his stuff.

Comment

Who's Musk? Never erd of im.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No it wouldnt put me off. Musk can obviously be a dick but you know what at least he is trying to achieve something interesting.

Comment

I wouldn't be put off because "I don't want to support him' but his capriciousness would make we wary. On a whim he might make a massive u-turn and he has incredible personal influence. Teslas are very coupled to their software and having seen how he treats developers (and employees generally) that makes me nervous.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Maybe it's irrational but I do avoid companies based on CEO/ethos/culture.

Eg. I'd never fly Ryanair or buy Dyson.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Interested in what is left that you are willing to buy from? e.g. would you buy ecover products?

Comment

I don't fly Ryanair because I'm a snob.

I don't buy Dyson because my one experience of one of the vacuum cleaners when I was house-sitting for my aunt was terrible. Such a poorly made lump of plastic. I don't like the hand dryers either and everything else seems well overpriced for what it's doing.

Comment

well Apple & Nike are out then (child labour) if its for bad bosses JD Sports is a walk on by.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X