• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musk again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musk again....

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...r-thorleifsson

If you’re not told you are fired, are you really fired? At Twitter, probably.
    Haraldur Thorleifsson, who until recently was employed at Twitter, logged in to his computer last Sunday to do some work – only to find himself locked out, along with 200 others.

He might have figured, as others before him have in the chaotic months of layoffs and firings since Elon Musk took over the company, that he was out of a job.

Instead, after nine days of no answer from Twitter as to whether or not he was still employed, Thorleifsson decided to tweet at Musk to see if he could catch the billionaire’s attention and get an answer to his Schrödinger’s job situation.

“Maybe if enough people retweet you’ll answer me here?” he wrote on Monday.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

I can't help thinking that Musk is tarnishing the Tesla brand with all his antics.

I certainly wouldn't be seen driving one.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      I can't help thinking that Musk is tarnishing the Tesla brand with all his antics.

I certainly wouldn't be seen driving one.
      What brand? Tesla has never even advertised.

Massive demand recently. Article from just yesterday: Tesla Model Y sales surge in Germany as it remains the country’s favorite EV

Plus for every left winger nutter he loses he probably gains a new right wing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        Plus for every left winger nutter he loses he probably gains a new right wing fan.
        What "left wing nuitter" did he sack?

And yes, the Trump fans flock to him, doesn't mean he's good, just that he's popular with extreme right wing idiots.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

What brand? Tesla has never even advertised.

Massive demand recently. Article from just yesterday: Tesla Model Y sales surge in Germany as it remains the country’s favorite EV

True. I guess he's a bit marmite.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

True. I guess he's a bit marmite.
            Can anyone explain why Teslas remain so popular. I mean apart from a social status badge, they are ugly af, the font used for the model name couldn't be more Chineasium looking and it's got a massive touch screen which is a major pita in a car, also recently there's been loads of reports of brand new cars delivered with major faults / ill fitting panels etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Can anyone explain why Teslas remain so popular.
              Free publicity. There's no such a thing as bad publicity.

If you make sure someone talks about your product/brand on a weekly basis, then the name is out there.

Remember when he demoed the unbreakable glass on the truck? The glass broke, but everyone knew that Tesla were working on a truck.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post

Can anyone explain why Teslas remain so popular. I mean apart from a social status badge, they are ugly af, the font used for the model name couldn't be more Chineasium looking and it's got a massive touch screen which is a major pita in a car, also recently there's been loads of reports of brand new cars delivered with major faults / ill fitting panels etc.
                In my eyes the real advantage of a Tesla is the Supercharger network, Lots of Tesla owners prefer the touch screen to the myriad of buttons on other cars, I know I do. Its like the reviews that came out when the original iPhone claiming the touch screen made it harder to make calls and Nokia and blackberry phone where better.

More and more people are seeing an EV as the future, and Tesla can sell you one in a matter of weeks compared to the 18 month wait times of other manufacturers. Some people may still be sucked into believing FSD will happen soon, and it will be just software upgrade for any tesla they buy. In my eyes there is still not any real competition in the same price range of a tesla.

Comment

Forgot to say. Yes Must is a git and I am too old a wise to want to work for him, but I still admire what he has achieved with Tesla and SpaceX and what his vision is for the future.He has managed to create a culture a Tesla where everyone is working to the same common goal rather than silos against each other. (e.g. What DevOps tries to do)

His goal is to get the world to be carbon neutral and better for the environment and he is doing well. He also plans to colonise Mars to provide the Human race with redundancy which probably ought to be done at some-point.

Comment

This is yesterday's story, it's already developed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64884287
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X