• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Musk again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    This is yesterday's story, it's already developed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64884287
    I didn't paste in the entire story cos I did it on my phone but the end of The Guardian article says Musk spoke to the guy and apologised.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post
      Forgot to say. Yes Must is a git and I am too old a wise to want to work for him, but I still admire what he has achieved with Tesla and SpaceX and what his vision is for the future.He has managed to create a culture a Tesla where everyone is working to the same common goal rather than silos against each other. (e.g. What DevOps tries to do)

His goal is to get the world to be carbon neutral and better for the environment and he is doing well. He also plans to colonise Mars to provide the Human race with redundancy which probably ought to be done at some-point.
      He certainly tried to make as many of his Twitter employees redundant as possible.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I didn't paste in the entire story cos I did it on my phone but the end of The Guardian article says Musk spoke to the guy and apologised.
        Probably realised the guy was disabled and it looked bad, though others are saying it's to avoid legal action.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Probably realised the guy was disabled and it looked bad, though others are saying it's to avoid legal action.
          Both perhaps?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It appears the guy had sold his company to Twitter for $100m, which was being paid back over time, but there was a clause which meant if he was sacked it had to be paid in full as part of the settlement.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Hairlocks View Post
              Lots of Tesla owners prefer the touch screen to the myriad of buttons on other cars, I know I do.
              Maybe Teslas screens are different but I've used a few touch screens on rentals and they just boil my piss and imho can be dangerous. Missed "clicks" and having to go through silly sub menus to find stuff which is simply available on an ordinary button.

What's servicing like? any indy places that can fix them in the UK, or is it always a trip to the dealers.

Also, if other EV manufacturers are having long waiting lists, how come Tesla is different? can't all be just the manufacturing process, surely there's also a shortage of chips etc. which then affects everyone in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                Also, if other EV manufacturers are having long waiting lists, how come Tesla is different? can't all be just the manufacturing process, surely there's also a shortage of chips etc. which then affects everyone in the same way.
                He’s bought into the marketing hype.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-sea...-type=Electric

Comment

2,823 (new) electric cars for sale (nationwide).

Set the maximum price to £25k, and there are only 10.
                  Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 9 March 2023, 07:49.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

2,823 (new) electric cars for sale (nationwide).
                    And that's just the ones where they are being advertised on Autotrader. So, when hairy musk says there's no other stock of new cars apart from Tesla, that's not true.

As for the maximum price, you're a contractor. Take a look at the price of new Teslas (and see how many you can find in stock on the Tesla website).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      As for the maximum price, you're a contractor.
                      Was. Now a cash strapped pensioner.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X