• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm not sure what to make of this one.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

If I am travelling at 70mph overtaking rows of slow moving lorries in the inside lane or the 2nd lane because they are playing leapfrog or if the inside lane is stationary at an exit and I pass at the sensible and legally mandated (by the signs) 40-50 mph and I get an idiot up my rear end pushing me closer to the car in front by sitting 3 foot from my bumper flashing their lights whilst cars are overtaking me at 90 push in front of me taking my stopping distance I am supposed to do what exactly?

I'm not a middle lane hog, there are always plenty of inner lane hogs to go around, I just want to get to 70 and travel safely.

I'm not the Police there are too few traffic officers nowadays and they do very little to stop tailgating as they are chasing worse crimes. Strangely I don't have accidents or speeding / driving offences, I'm the one who actually stops at the lights & roundabouts.
    I drive at 70 ... on cruise control ... I drive on the M5, M6, M40, M42 and M25 frequently .... I never had cars tailgate me, and I never have drivers flashing their lights at me. I mean, never.

So if you are getting these drivers doing this, then it sounds like you're as much of the problem as anyone else. Seriously fella, you're either making this up, or you really are a menace on the roads.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Did you know that a roundabout (which you boast about how you stop at them) is actually a give way, not a stop? It's got dashed lines, not a solid line at the junction.
      That boils my p*ss ... approaching a roundabout, you can clearly see that there are no other vehicles on the roundabout, and the car in front stops/hesitates ... a sure fire way to cause a rear end shunt!

And a clear sign the driver doesn't know how to drive correctly

Comment

I'm a very good driver... said every tulip driver ever.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          ... approaching a roundabout, you can clearly see that there are no other vehicles on the roundabout, and the car in front stops/hesitates ... a sure fire way to cause a rear end shunt!

And a clear sign the driver doesn't know how to drive correctly
          If only one could see what's approaching on the right when nearing the roundabout!

There are plenty of roundabouts I know with barriers in place which prevent sighting of traffic and which therefore force one to a stop, even though the lines are dashed implying no need to stop.

There's one annoying local roundabout where a signpost is even at eye level (for car drivers) preventing visibility of what's coming from the right without stopping.

I'm sure that these are by design.

Example.
          https://www.google.com/maps/@56.0784...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
            Tailgating is £100 fine and 3 points on the license.

If someone is tailgating me I will increase the distance between myself and the car in front of me, if needed, to allow an initial light braking to get the tailgater to start braking without hitting me or I will pull over, if possible, to get the dangerous twat out of my danger zone.

I drive at 70 ... on cruise control ... I drive on the M5, M6, M40, M42 and M25 frequently .... I never had cars tailgate me, and I never have drivers flashing their lights at me. I mean, never.

So if you are getting these drivers doing this, then it sounds like you're as much of the problem as anyone else. Seriously fella, you're either making this up, or you really are a menace on the roads.
            1 in 8 casualties... 100,000 offenders in 2 weeks. Ah warty is special.

Maybe they think you would not do their roots if they rear ended you.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rik sherman View Post
              Tailgating is £100 fine and 3 points on the license.

If someone is tailgating me I will increase the distance between myself and the car in front of me, if needed, to allow an initial light braking to get the tailgater to start braking without hitting me or I will pull over, if possible, to get the dangerous twat out of my danger zone.
              Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

If only one could see what's approaching on the right when nearing the roundabout!

There are plenty of roundabouts I know with barriers in place which prevent sighting of traffic and which therefore force one to a stop, even though the lines are dashed implying no need to stop.

There's one annoying local roundabout where a signpost is even at eye level (for car drivers) preventing visibility of what's coming from the right without stopping.

Example.
              yes but how dare you stop the WTFHighway says you shouldn't.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                My stats are, 34 years driving, multiple countries, 20k plus miles most years, zero points, zero accidents

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  +1
                  Illusory superiority

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

Example.
                    You're changing the situation to meet your narrative.

I said, that you can clearly see and the driver hesitates or stops.

Obviously if you can't see then that's a different situation.

Ffs, you're as bad as Vetty. Change the scenario to meet your own narrative

Comment

Ffs, you're as bad as Vetty.
                      Always nice to get a compliment on a Friday. That cheered me up. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X