• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Show me the money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show me the money

oops
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Black Panther communist Angela Davis - who teaches that U.S. was built by racist colonizers - faces calls to pay reparations after genealogy show reveals her white puritan ancestor arrived in America on the Mayflower
    • Angela Davis, 79, learned that her ancestor came to the US on the Mayflower
    • The former Black Panther also discovered she had two white grandparents
    • She appeared on PBS's Finding Your Roots in an episode that aired on Tuesday

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Perfectly triggered, eh?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Are African Americians stupid?

Thanks to slavery and colonisation lots of black Americans have European ancestors. (I mention colonisation as not all black Americians have two parents whose black ancestors just came from the US.)
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Perfectly triggered, eh?
        She was , she protested with violence about 'white abuse' of her not people. I just laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Are African Americians stupid?

Thanks to slavery and colonisation lots of black Americans have European ancestors. (I mention colonisation as not all black Americians have two parents whose black ancestors just came from the US.)
          well she is.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

well she is.
            She's stupid because she's got white ancestors she didn't know about? Or just because you don't like her views?

Is "the US was built by racist colonisers" even a controversial statement? The US was quite emphatically built on a foundation of systemic racism which is why they are still finding it so hard to stamp out (like Australia too).
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

She's stupid because she's got white ancestors she didn't know about? Or just because you don't like her views?

Is "the US was built by racist colonisers" even a controversial statement? The US was quite emphatically built on a foundation of systemic racism which is why they are still finding it so hard to stamp out (like Australia too).
              She is stupid because she thought she had racial purity and demanded reparations for it with violence. Every country has a background in racism if you look. The Scots,Welsh , Picts & Angles were moved aside after various invasions they were then treated as an underclass for centuries, now we mostly rub along ok as equals.

No I don't like her views they are divisive and not helpful , she made them known via violence then you find they were hypocritical. Let me guess you approve?

Comment

She is stupid because she thought she had racial purity

Where did she say she had racial purity?

As for you disagreeing with her, do you disagree with the statement “in a racist society, it is not enough to be non racist, we must be anti-racist”
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

She is stupid because she thought she had racial purity and demanded reparations for it with violence.
                  Not knowing that one of your ancestors was (likely) raped by a white man makes you stupid? No, it at most makes you misinformed if it's critical to your position. It has nothing to do with intellect.
                  The fact so many black slave descendents have white ancestry surely only amplifies the arguments. It is a matter of record that white slave-owners routinely raped their black slaves, to me that doesn't sound like a good thing.

Every country has a background in racism if you look. The Scots,Welsh , Picts & Angles were moved aside after various invasions they were then treated as an underclass for centuries, now we mostly rub along ok as equals.
                  Now that IS a stupid thing to say. Every country has racists but not every country allowed white people to buy and own black people, and to kill them as property without reprisal. Not every country had laws forcing segregation and the USA removed their laws far more recently than others. If you look at statistics, some countries have far more racism than others. "everyone has some racism" is an argument along the lines of "all lives matter", like a terrifically corrupt police force saying in their defence "every police force has some bad apples" - not an excuse.

To say the USA was not built on a foundation of slavery and institutional, legalised racism is to show either ignorance of history or to wilfully try and revise it.

No I don't like her views they are divisive and not helpful , she made them known via violence then you find they were hypocritical. Let me guess you approve?
                  I've never heard of her before today and I certainly don't endorse violence other than for self preservation. On the other hand, it's a little odd that on every argument about racism and race, you seem to denounce the position held by the black people. I suppose that's just coincidence, or maybe black people are too stupid to have good arguments (even with some white DNA in them)?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Where did she say she had racial purity?

As for you disagreeing with her, do you disagree with the statement “in a racist society, it is not enough to be non racist, we must be anti-racist”
                    I prefer - In an unequal society we should strive for equality for all.

We seem to be constantly measuring behaviour based on skin colour not behaviour, I see Dr Kings dream happen every day and think we may get there yet .

I see people frequently choosing to decide the cause of their problems are skin colour not poor behaviour of the Police or even themselves.

https://kr.usembassy.gov/martin-luth...ir%20character.

that one day right down in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.
                    Though the hands are many colours and cultures in Sluff.

Comment

Working...
                    X