• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract / Private Pension

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract / Private Pension

Hello all,

I am new to this site. I have a question about private pension.

I provide service to a Company-ABC via my LTD-Company. The contract was signed between Company-ABC and my LTD-Company. However, Company-ABC generate monthly self bill (based on my timesheet) and pays the Net Value (Tax and NI deducted at the source) to my LTd-Company business account. From there, I transfer full amount to my personal account as a salary. The Company-ABC also generates wage slip for me showing a clear NI and tax deduction at the source. Is anyone contracting in this way and whether this is a normal?

My annual earning is about £130K before tax. I would like to put a lump sum towards private pension. What is maximum amount I can put and get the tax rebate?
    Could you also recommend me a best and HMRC registered pension company for the private pension?

Many thanks,
    CDP90

Originally posted by CDP90 View Post
    Hello all,

I am new to this site. I have a question about private pension.

I provide service to a Company-ABC via my LTD-Company. The contract was signed between Company-ABC and my LTD-Company. However, Company-ABC generate monthly self bill (based on my timesheet) and pays the Net Value (Tax and NI deducted at the source) to my LTd-Company business account. From there, I transfer full amount to my personal account as a salary. The Company-ABC also generates wage slip for me showing a clear NI and tax deduction at the source. Is anyone contracting in this way and whether this is a normal?

My annual earning is about £130K before tax. I would like to put a lump sum towards private pension. What is maximum amount I can put and get the tax rebate?
    Could you also recommend me a best and HMRC registered pension company for the private pension?

Many thanks,
    CDP90

I see travel in your immediate future. To a land of knowledge, away from these septic shores of ridicule and parody.

In the short to medium term, while you're here, do you like watching films with Gladiators in them? Do you know how to bleed radiators?

Try speaking to an accountant.

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Agreed, speak to an accountant. Or a very good IFA you pay for yourself.

However your company is largely irrelevant in that discussion. Paying you net means you are being treated as an employee of your client, not a supplier, and putting your income via the company is basically a waste of time and effort, as well as making your year end reporting quite tricky.

Basically anything you put into your pension is from your taxed income; the company presumably doesn't have any other income so can't play any part in it. There is a £40k a year limit on such contributions, but you can backdate three years (I believe, I'm a little out of date on this stuff!) and you get tax relief on the contributions through your annual self assessment return.

Meanwhile, get reading the user guides on this site. If you want to be a contractor, learn what it means and how it works.

cojak - can this be put in a more appropriate forum please?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And now, Specifically in General, Abandon All Hope whilst bleeding your radiators.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Moved to here:
          https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...m-general.html
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
          X