• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't argue with that logic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't argue with that logic

Originally posted by BBC News
    The new deputy chairman of the Conservative Party, Lee Anderson, has said he would support the return of the death penalty.

In an interview with the Spectator before he was appointed to the role, he argued "nobody has ever committed a crime after being executed".
    Good to know we're in the hands of reasonable people.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Ah our friend Lee Anderson who can make a meal for himself as a one off for 30p.

Do you know he was kicked out of the Labour party?

I see if I can find his most famous clip.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is a link to is new one -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-64573457

The new deputy chairman of the Conservative Party has clashed with a radio presenter over accusations of dishonesty.

MP Lee Anderson was asked by BBC radio presenter Verity Cowley about a video of him setting up a doorstep encounter during the 2019 election campaign.

In response, he asked the presenter 10 times if she had ever told a lie.

The BBC chose to play the full interview after the MP raised concerns over the editing process.

Mr Anderson was chosen by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak to be the party's deputy chairman, a role which traditionally takes a lead in spreading election messages during campaigns.

The Ashfield MP made headlines last year for saying people needed to learn how to cook and budget "properly", rather than use food banks.

He argued there was "not this massive use for food banks in this country", and those who knew how to cook and budget could make meals for 30p a day.

Cowley, who presents the drive-time show on BBC Radio Nottingham, spoke to Mr Anderson during a pre-recorded interview on Wednesday.

After speaking about his new position, the interview turned to previous comments he had made about food bank use.

Mr Anderson said he would challenge the assumption anyone earning £30,000 to £35,000 needed to use a food bank.

Cowley said: "Even though nurses, firefighters, people who've got jobs are saying 'I need to use this' you don't believe them?"

"No," Mr Anderson said.

"You bring them to me Verity, you get a fireman and a nurse in Ashfield and bring them to me and we'll do it on the show.

"I'd challenge you right now to find me a firefighter or a nurse in Ashfield that's using a food bank and I'll give you a year to find one.
      "If you do find one, we'll work together with that person to find out why they need to use a food bank.

"Anyone earning over £32,500 in Ashfield using a [food] bank needs to come and see me but as yet, nobody has ever contacted me. They are the facts."

"They say I'm controversial but it's the media that stokes controversy by picking up on these sorts of stories," he added.

Comment

Here it is:

The Michael Crick Report

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Good to know we're in the hands of reasonable people.
          Yay! Death penalty just like Iran and Saudi Arabia.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Yay! Death penalty just like Iran and Saudi Arabia.
            Not quite. We used long drop, whereas Iran just hoists 'em up on a noose hanging from a crane and Saudi seem to like big swords.

Of course when he says "30p" he's really thinking of 6/-, and back in 1971 you probably could feed yourself for that.

These days, probably not so much. .
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 February 2023, 13:21. Reason: "cound" WTF?
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

30p a day sounds dodge but 30p a meal certainly doable - at least 12months ago. It's not going to be very exciting but I was just having a play on Tesco and priced up:

Pasta and sauce: 30p a portion
              Porridge with milk and a spoon of honey/jam: 20p for a generous portion
              Big bowl of cereal and milk: 6pence (half a shilling)

Comment

Anyone who can come up with a meal for 30p which provides what your body needs gets a tenner from me.

We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to people in charge of anything nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                  We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to people in charge of anything nowadays.
                  Yeah. We don't expect our politicians to have any actual experience or skills related at all to the things they are in charge of. I don't buy the argument "only a teacher can be education secretary" but this whole career politician thing is naff.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
                    Anyone who can come up with a meal for 30p which provides what your body needs gets a tenner from me.

Try this a skilled but left leaning cook

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/cate...pes-under-30p/

Ok they are vegetarian but <30p a plate.

donate the tenner to the trussell trust thankyou.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X