• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do with ones years income?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    If you have a microphallus, you could buy one of these to compensate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_huracan_090.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	4252109
    if you have a microphallus and a small budget get a hairdresser's car?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I'm not waving my dick about.

If I wanted to do that I would buy a sports car rather than drive a Ford Torneo Connect.
    You could try spelling lessons.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    One option is to post on an internet forum full of anoymous posters to wave your dick around and listen to the dreams of your peers.
    I guess a lot of us will receive an inheritance of some size.

In any case the dick waving on this forum normally concerns day rate, property portfolio, the car you drive and the lady standing next to it in the photo.

At least there is a lot less dick waving about tax efficiency schemes these days.
    Last edited by TheDude; 8 February 2023, 09:01.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I got an inheritance 6 years ago. Each month I spent 1/12 of it buying shares over a wide range of sectors. It's grown in value quite nicely, despite Covid and Putin's war. Initially I had a subscription to fool.com, which I feel was value for money, as prior to that I was a newbie in the stock market.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Overpay the mortgage.
    Depends if he can get more in savings interest than what he's paying on mortgage interest.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Overpay the mortgage.
    Go on nice holiday(s).
    Overpayment of a mortgage may not reduce interest. What often happens is that overpayments are kept in a non-interest holding account. BTW, on most mortgages, the day of the month for payment also makes no difference to interest so therefore it is always best to pay on the last day of the month. Read the small print.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    If you have a microphallus, you could buy one of these to compensate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_huracan_090.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	4252109

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Many moons ago (about 18 years or so) I ended up with a wodge of cash in the bank when selling one property and buying another because I sold for more than expected.

I chucked it all in a savings account, drawing down what I needed to cover the bills each month, quit work and did a full time college course that helped me get into contracting. I couldn't afford to live an extravagant lifestyle but I had no debt (other than my mortgage) and all my bills were paid.

I needed to get a job after about 9/10 months, which is what I expected, but the time off from work to focus on study did me the world of good.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Do what I did...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    One option is to post on an internet forum full of anoymous posters to wave your dick around and listen to the dreams of your peers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X