• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do with ones years income?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
    Presumably this is non-taxable. On that basis, there's no point putting it into pension.

A few years ago, I received a 'windfall'. I put this into the best interest-paying account I could find and then used it to bring forward transition from full-time work to early retirement / part-time work.

If I'd had any high-cost debt, I'd have looked at paying down on that.
    Good point. I guess I could hugely overpay pension from contracting and partially live from tax free windfall whilst getting the best interest rate I can from it.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Anyone been in this position recently and what did you do?
    Do what hunter did! (Hookers and Crack)

Hunter Biden spent $30k in five months on 'the girlfriend experience'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-reveal.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	59686521-10966153-image-m-42_1656536323585.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.0 KB ID:	4252057

Leave a comment:

• Protagoras
    replied
    Presumably this is non-taxable. On that basis, there's no point putting it into pension.

A few years ago, I received a 'windfall'. I put this into the best interest-paying account I could find and then used it to bring forward transition from full-time work to early retirement / part-time work.

If I'd had any high-cost debt, I'd have looked at paying down on that.

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    started a topic What would you do with ones years income?

What would you do with ones years income?

I have just received a windfall equivalent to about one years gross income from contracting.

I am unsure what to do with it - my heart says it should go in the pension pot but property is also an option. I could also risk the lot trying to escape the drudgery of writing code for faceless corporations and doing something I really want to do.

Anyone been in this position recently and what did you do?

Working...
X