• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official DOOM: Online misogyny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official DOOM: Online misogyny

Online misogyny set to be outlawed

Government will use new Bill to crack down on abuse of women and girls on the internet

Misogynistic abuse should be banned online, the Government believes.

Michelle Donelan, the Culture Secretary, is understood to believe the Online Safety Bill has the power to stamp out attacks on women on the internet.

The plans to crack down on online misogyny come as leading Tory peers including Baroness Morgan, a former culture secretary, are pushing for the law to go further to include a legally-enforced code of practice requiring social media firms to prevent online violence and abuse against women and girls.

“Michelle completely agrees with what the peers are saying, but this is stuff that the Bill is already doing,” said a government source.

Last year, ministers rejected calls to class misogyny as a hate crime. Instead, the Government compromised by creating a new offence of public sexual harassment in line with recommendations by the Law Commission.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...-set-outlawed/

Quick! Let's say lots of nasty things about SE and LM while we still can!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Quick! Let's say lots of nasty things about SE and LM while we still can!
      Nah as you aren't an angry little man like some on here
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        misandry
        /mɪˈsandri/
        Learn to pronounce
        noun
        1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).
          "poorly disguised misandry"
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I am against on-line ailurophobia
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I would suggest that people's dislike of you has nothing to do with misogyny. However if it makes you feel better then play the card whenever you want.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I should do an inverse anger management course, used to like being angry a lot when I was younger. When you are an old fart you become a "don't give a *** about anything" person.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Win!

The poster I targeted my post at took the bait.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I should do an inverse anger management course, used to like being angry a lot when I was younger. When you are an old fart you become a "don't give a *** about anything" person.
                  I've reached the "don't give a crap about anything" stage of ery, but am still subject to bouts of extreme rage.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

If anyone feels they've been a victim of misandry all they have to do is self-id as female and claim misogyny. Simple.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X