• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heating oil price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating oil price

Has anyone been able to buy it at close to what's on Boiler Juice's chart? (If I read it correctly, the price chart includes the 5% vat.)

https://www.boilerjuice.com/heating-oil-prices-england

I bought some this week, and best price I got locally was 95p/L. Whereas, on Boiler Juice it's 85p.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Has anyone been able to buy it at close to what's on Boiler Juice's chart? (If I read it correctly, the price chart includes the 5% vat.)

I bought some this week, and best price I got locally was 95p/L. Whereas, on Boiler Juice it's 85p.
    Did you order through boiler juice, or some other way?

Also, prices vary day to day, so if you're comparing today's boiler juice price with last week's direct quote, you'll get differences, in the same way you'll get differences based on volume and urgency.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Did you order through boiler juice, or some other way?

Also, prices vary day to day, so if you're comparing today's boiler juice price with last week's direct quote, you'll get differences, in the same way you'll get differences based on volume and urgency.
      Just rang around a few local suppliers. When I bought some in November there was also a 10p difference.

I guess I'm just a bit sceptical that buying through them is that much cheaper.

Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Do you buy cat-litter at the same time?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Had 500l delivered last week for £409.5 = 0.819. I use the Oil-Club. Saves money by grouping local orders.

https://www.oil-club.co.uk/
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This forum has really gone downhill from discussion of top end contractor cars in noughties to this

Comment

Just rang around a few local suppliers. When I bought some in November there was also a 10p difference.

I guess I'm just a bit sceptical that buying through them is that much cheaper.
              OK, so boiler juice was 10p cheaper but your skeptical that when you got a quote from them it was 10p cheaper?

If you want to find out the price for a local delivery from boiler juice, you go on to their website and put in your requirements, including your postcode and an email address. They then give you local prices based on how quickly you need it delivered. The price they quote may not be the national average from the page you linked to.

You can use them or if your local community has an oil club, try that: https://www.oil-club.co.uk
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bought last week from home fuels direct and paid 80p / litre all in. found them cheaper than boiler juice and others. Always scan a few sellers as price moves around a lot

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  Bought last week from home fuels direct and paid 80p / litre all in. found them cheaper than boiler juice and others. Always scan a few sellers as price moves around a lot
                  That's a good price.

Ours is probably more expensive because it's Cornish Heating Oil.

Comment

That's a good price.

Ours is probably more expensive because it's Cornish Heating Oil.
                    Not for long easyjet will have an effect
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X