• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headless chicken time at TUI Service Management?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headless chicken time at TUI Service Management?

I've been trying to log into the TUI website that lets you input Advanced Passenger Information and holiday add-ons, but it's been down since Monday and yesterday a Customer Service bod nervously admitted that 'there's been a bit of a problem' and that it would be up later in the day.

But I haven't seen anything on Twitter that shows people complaining.

So I guess that the Major Incident team are at least competent at keeping it out of the public eye? Because it's certainly costing them money...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Nothing to stop you putting it on Twitter and notifying Simon Calder. It may then get fixed much quicker.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Nothing to stop you putting it on Twitter and notifying Simon Calder. It may then get fixed much quicker.
      I'm crafting an eloquent tweet as we speak...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I'm crafting an eloquent tweet as we speak...
        Having just looked on there, a few people have done so over the last couple of days, but no responses.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't think that I implied that their Major Incident team is crap, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Having just looked on there, a few people have done so over the last couple of days, but no responses.
            Have they all notified Simon Calder? @SimonCalder

Oh and he answers your travel questions on the 'gram - https://twitter.com/SimonCalder?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

M$ were having global issues this morning. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64397643

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I worked for TUI for a while during the 2010s when it seemed that half their systems dated back to the era of Ceefax.

They did replace many of their systems over the next 5-6 ears and AFAIK have a mostly modern infrastructure and estate these days. They had some pretty good people in IT too.

But maybe still Tweet Simon Calder. I sometimes wonder if there is an 'expert' that features more often on TV and the news than him?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                  But maybe still Tweet Simon Calder. I sometimes wonder if there is an 'expert' that features more often on TV and the news than him?
                  Apparently it's because he has manners and tries to answer everyone's questions on travel.

Starts reading his website - https://simoncalder.co.uk

Edited to say - he's from Crawley no wonder he likes travel.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I don't think that I implied that their Major Incident team is crap, but you never know.
                    Well, it’s still not up so there is no need to imply - TUI’s Service Management is indeed crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X