• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken Bruce leaving BBC in 2024

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you want to hear DJs who know something about something, switch to C4 or LBC or something.

I listen to R1 evening shows on catch-up a fair bit for interesting new music.
    That really is an oxymoron.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

And that really is an ignorant statement. You have to sift carefully but Snuts, Girl in Red, Rachel Chinouriri, Mammoth WVH are just a few names I can think of from different genres... or since you mention Foo Fighters then of course we have Biffy, Bring me the Horizon who are established modern bands rock bands. Rock is making something of a resurgence. I don't know if you dislike rap or only modern autotune (c)rap but there's loads of interesting rap artists around too - though I find someone rapping in a Brummie accent still a little amusing. And more mainstream, Sam Fender is a bout the biggest artist in the UK with a traditional rock and roll 4-piece.

If you judge modern music by what's on R1 daytime you are missing lots of stuff.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

And that really is an ignorant statement. You have to sift carefully but Snuts, Girl in Red, Rachel Chinouriri, Mammoth WVH are just a few names I can think of from different genres... or since you mention Foo Fighters then of course we have Biffy, Bring me the Horizon who are established modern bands rock bands. Rock is making something of a resurgence. I don't know if you dislike rap or only modern autotune (c)rap but there's loads of interesting rap artists around too - though I find someone rapping in a Brummie accent still a little amusing. And more mainstream, Sam Fender is a bout the biggest artist in the UK with a traditional rock and roll 4-piece.

If you judge modern music by what's on R1 daytime you are missing lots of stuff.
        Rap is not interesting. It's too simplistic unless you can decipher the language they are using which I am far too old, or perhaps far too disinterested to do. Sorry but monotonous mumbling into a close mic with a backing compiled by a teenager in his bedroom doesn't do it for me in the slightest.

I hear modern rock, which is not all bad but pretty derivative being based on a musical form that is nearly 70 years old now. (Then again Oasis caused a storm in their day by repeating most of what the Beatles had done musically in the 60s). Snuts aren't too shabby for instance, but their lead singer is pretty average.

Obviously we all have differing tastes, and mine is pretty catholic; I just like good music that says something. That doesn't make me right and you wrong, we all have to start somewhere.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Thanks for your valuable input, grandpa

Comment

Working...
          X