• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain has a new booming export

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain has a new booming export

Millionaires. They are leaving to settle in other countries.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiiaz54XwAAehW_?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	4243916
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

As the UKs most wealthy are mainly non-dom with offshore banking it makes hardly any difference to the economy
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      As the UKs most wealthy are mainly non-dom with offshore banking it makes hardly any difference to the economy
      But this isn't 'most wealthy', it's those with a million dollars or more ... I'm guessing quite a few of us on here have that if you include our property (that we'd presumably sell to leave the UK)
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

But this isn't 'most wealthy', it's those with a million dollars or more ... I'm guessing quite a few of us on here have that if you include our property (that we'd presumably sell to leave the UK)
        Definitions for net worth usually only include easily liquidated financial assets and exclude illiquid assets such as property.

So, I doubt there will be many on here who are millionaires in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post

Definitions for net worth usually only include easily liquidated financial assets and exclude illiquid assets such as property.

But you tend to liquidate your assets when you move country permanently.

Having said that if most of your wealth was tied up in property it wasn't doing much to help the economy and it wont be missed when you leave, unless you were withdrawing home equity as loans and putting that to work back into the economy..

Comment

I'm a Bitcoin millionaire.

When 1 BTC == £1mln

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

A quick Google suggests it's all assets less all liabilities. So property would be included. Plus, if your were moving countries you'd sell up (most likely) as part of the move so your house sale would result in cash.

I know if I was to move to say Oz or similar, I'd fall into these numbers ... which I find slightly interesting as I don't see myself as particularly wealthy (although my wife worked for an investment company and I fell into their net worth client list so who knows.....)

To calculate your net worth, you subtract your total liabilities from your total assets. Total assets will include your investments, savings, cash deposits, and any equity that you have in a home, car, or other similar assets. Total liabilities would include any debt, such as student loans and credit card debt.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

A quick Google suggests it's all assets less all liabilities. So property would be included. Plus, if your were moving countries you'd sell up (most likely) as part of the move so your house sale would result in cash.

I know if I was to move to say Oz or similar, I'd fall into these numbers ... which I find slightly interesting as I don't see myself as particularly wealthy (although my wife worked for an investment company and I fell into their net worth client list so who knows.....)

have a look where you fit on the ONS earning percentile. I suspect most of us are in the top 20%. We are very comfortable.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If you step back and look at the U.K. with fresh eyes, you'll see how sh1t it really has become. If you didn't have strong ties - such as family, friends or a specific need to work here - why would you want to live in this sh1thole? Incumbent and future govts are going to rape the middle classes even more over the next 10+ years, so don't think this is a country where hard work is rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

have a look where you fit on the ONS earning percentile. I suspect most of us are in the top 20%. We are very comfortable.
                    Using the below calculator I'm top 6% (includes property and pension) ... to get to top 1% I need to find an extra £1.5m .... anyone want to make a small donation to help me?

https://www.varbes.com/your-money/ne...-calculator-uk

Comment

Working...
                    X