• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom: Crackers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom: Crackers

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co....tials-28218721

Many of our favourite decorations could also be in danger. Search results for Christmas Crackers are down 27%,

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Must admit I never understood Christmas crackers. A 10 sec bit of fun pulling them, the odd tulipe joke and bits of useless plastic ending up on the table at the end of the meal. I get it's tradition but I'm all for a total ban on crackers. Wasteful, don't add any value and expensive for what they are.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Must admit I never understood Christmas crackers. A 10 sec bit of fun pulling them, the odd tulipe joke and bits of useless plastic ending up on the table at the end of the meal. I get it's tradition but I'm all for a total ban on crackers. Wasteful, don't add any value and expensive for what they are.
      We used to do home-made crackers, but have now changed to santa pants for the men and handbags for the ladies

Then within each one will be a puzzle of some sort, a couple of terrible jokes, and normally a couple of other small things.

No bangs, so no upset dogs, and no/little waste.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        With a current view, they are pretty wasteful even the paper and card is hard to recycle. You can buy the bits that go bang (I assume). The silly hats are kind of fun IMO which is the one bit you didn't mention otherwise you might as well get party-poppers (which I think are great fun)
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

We used to do home-made crackers, but have now changed to santa pants for the men and handbags for the ladies

Then within each one will be a puzzle of some sort, a couple of terrible jokes, and normally a couple of other small things.

No bangs, so no upset dogs, and no/little waste.
          So instead of a plastic toy you get a bagful of treats and an iPhone?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So instead of a plastic toy you get a bagful of treats and an iPhone?
            No, that was just the first picture I found when searching the web.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

With a current view, they are pretty wasteful even the paper and card is hard to recycle. You can buy the bits that go bang (I assume). The silly hats are kind of fun IMO which is the one bit you didn't mention otherwise you might as well get party-poppers (which I think are great fun)
              Damn, yes the hats. Forgot about them and yes I agree, hats are a must.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No, that was just the first picture I found when searching the web.
                nah they are trying to get you to dress up before going into the 'red room' its a trap, you wake up in the WTFH's garage unable to sit down.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X