• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter falling out of the tree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter falling out of the tree

Musk is firing people who keep the lights on.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Dosen't surprise me.
    I use Twitter for four things

1. Link pumping (still good for that)
    2. Public complaints against companies (Very good)
    3. Taking the p155 out of Nadine Dorries (Excellent)
    4. Following Larry The Cat and Sir Michael Take CBE MP. Probably the 2 best Twitter accounts ever! (Better than excellent!)
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Well it’s all happening in real time on Twitter as all of the now ex-employees are tweeting their notices.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

I hope he's got some money left aside to pay for all those unfair dismissal law suits.

​​​​​​
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ah. From Chief Twit to Chief Tw@t in nothing flat.

The perils of believing your own publicity.

Meet nemesis.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I heard he hired Kwasi as business strategy leader and Liz as head of HR.

Seriously though this is genuinely quite amazing. We all know Elon is a bit of a loose cannon but I think generally he's been regarded as a sort of erratic genius... His past successes has been incredible. To see a cockup unfold like this so publicly, with him live tweeting the whole thing, is darkly comedic.

He is clearly brilliant but with terrible people skills and finds himself how the public face of one of the most famous companies.
            Think Dr House appointed White House press secretary...
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

He is clearly brilliant but with terrible people skills and finds himself how the public face of one of the most famous companies.

He is a straight talking engineer.

He has said most other CEO's behave like androids or NPC characters from a video game with a limited dialog tree.

He recently said he was working 70 to 80s a week but now added CEO of twitter so he is working 120 hours week

Comment

Bankrupting is quickly is the best way to save his money and time…

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

He is a straight talking engineer.
                  He’s going to need to be, he’s got rid of most of the SRE’s.

Probably thought “I’m a REAL Engineer, they’re just code monkeys”.

Or believed the hype about ‘moving quality to the left’.

Comment

He made an offer to buy the company when he was pissed/drugged up. He then tried to back out of the deal, was forced to continue, and now he's making the most of what he's got. Reducing costs, seeing what's viable, getting rid of what isn't.

He should've waited for the fire sale - Twitter was always going to go bust.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X