• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twitter DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter DOOM

Sounds like Elon actually completed the deal and half the top people are fired already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63402338

Actually no idea if this will be great or terrible for the platform but I am sure we'll get some mileage out of it here in the next months, Musk is nothing if not boring (except his Boring Company of course).

Any predictions? I can foresee a lot of very public, overly earnest flouncing when he relaxes moderation policies especially if Trump comes back.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

He can relax them but then will find his publishing platform banned in EU and other countries as is.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Twitter was in dire straits before Musk came along so it won't be any worse. It's obvious that the top management need to be replaced, which he's done. We'll see, he needs some good ideas to turn the company around.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Let's hope he won't buy CUK next...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He can relax them but then will find his publishing platform banned in EU and other countries as is.
          Ther EU allows free speech, just not hate speech. Twitter will have to comply with local laws as it already does.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Let's hope he won't buy CUK next...
            Why would he want another racist, anti-climate change, Brexit supporting hate speech discussion platform?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Why would he want another racist, anti-climate change, Brexit supporting hate speech discussion platform?
              and would he try to get it cheap because of Gricers or would Gricer's various wank-sock puppets be allowed back on in the name of free speech?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Surely being anti climate change is a good thing?
                I don't recall much hate speech here either.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Surely being anti climate change is a good thing?
                  I don't recall much hate speech here either.
                  Was trying to be tongue in cheek
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Am I the only person on here who's never been on twitter and has zero interest in it, or Musk?

all it seems to be is a platform allowing those with extreme views to spout crap to others with extreme views. Really dont get the fascination of it for anyone remotely moderate.

I hope it goes the way of MySpace and other defunct social platforms, and vanishes into the ether song with musks cash.
                    Last edited by Whorty; 28 October 2022, 17:42.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X