• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arise R!sh! Sunak...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    not a single vote was cast in Sunak's favour. This is what we've become!
    It's almost funny that tomorrow one unelected man ratifies another unelected man's position.
    I'm told that this is called 'modern constitutional democracy'
    Last edited by Protagoras; 24 October 2022, 19:11.

Comment

I don't understand why people tag INDIAN ORIGIN to his name.
      He is British. His parents were Indian, not him.

Those of us born and bred British identify ourselves as British. We don't identify ourselves as Nigerian British, Pakistani British, etc.

I am more concerned about how he might use Infosys to destroy us IT contractors by allowing further cheap Indian labour into the country!

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post

Those of us born and bred British identify ourselves as British. We don't identify ourselves as Nigerian British, Pakistani British, etc.

I am more concerned about how he might use Infosys to destroy us IT contractors by allowing further cheap Indian labour into the country!
        That is only some people, most of us see him as a devoted family man who came from reputable parents, made a fortune himself then married an heiress. Seems better than Bojo of the falling boxer shorts.

Actually in most government systems you are requested and sometimes required to identify your heritage, plenty of African,Indian , Pakistani - British options on the census. It seems important to some people.

Though those that decide to bring the worst of their culture here should however be recognised.

Agree about Infosys it may be too easy.
        Last edited by vetran; 24 October 2022, 20:13.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

It's almost funny that tomorrow one unelected extremely wealthy man ratifies another unelected unbelievable extremely wealthy man's position.
          I'm told that this is called 'modern constitutional democracy'
          FTFY
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            This is what he's going to have to deal with:

Doesn't surprise me to hear idiots like that. Also wouldn't surprise me if Gerry isn't a poster on here!
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
              At least the fabled Indian trade deal will be quickly settled, I'm sure the previous stumbling block of free movement of Indian nationals to UK jobs market will mysteriously vanish, once Rishi has identified a private sector company in India that can handle that volume of work permit and visa printing.
              Don't wind up the obvious right whingers on here

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                Cos he's brown.

It was his grandparents who were Indian. His parents were born in African countries.

Anyway it was all under British rule so he is very British.

However his children are of Indian origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Don't wind up the obvious right whingers on here
                  Someone posted a news link which I read. It mentioned taxes and NI, so I thought no chance...

Comment

I get the impression that Rishi will manage the decline of the UK economy in a more responsible manner.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      I get the impression that Rishi will manage the decline of the UK economy in a more responsible manner.
                      It's hard to see how he can manage the decline of the UK economy, and the decline of the UK as a whole, better than Boris/Brexiters and Truss .... they did a sterling (get it?) job of crashing the economy between them.

Sunak as chancellor held it together through covid .... let's see how he and Hunt can work together now to get us out of this Tory nose dive!

Comment

Working...
                      X