• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I suppose that is one way of making sure our Veterans don't end up on the street!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

China is hardly a friendly power. They have installed a number of backdoors in technology they sell to us and have aggressively positioned themselves to take over the financial world.

Would you think it was the same were it Russia? China isn't that far away in those terms.
    I totally think of China and Russia seperately.

Everything you accuse China of, the US is equally guilty, yet we accept it with them as we think they are on our side.

China didn't forecfully take back Hong Kong (even though we forecfully took it off them so they would have had a right to do so). They haven't forcefully taken Taiwan. In fact, I don't recall China starting any wars but happy to be proved wrong. Any wars that China have been involved in have been because they have been invaded, so no, not the same as Russia and nothing like us either who have started our fair share over the centuries.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

I totally think of China and Russia seperately.

Everything you accuse China of, the US is equally guilty, yet we accept it with them as we think they are on our side.

China didn't forecfully take back Hong Kong (even though we forecfully took it off them so they would have had a right to do so). They haven't forcefully taken Taiwan. In fact, I don't recall China starting any wars but happy to be proved wrong. Any wars that China have been involved in have been because they have been invaded, so no, not the same as Russia and nothing like us either who have started our fair share over the centuries.
      Are you shagging a Chinese bird by any chance?

Btw, the UK chose to give up Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, even though they'd been granted the lands in perpetuity.

FFS, don't they teach you kids anything?
      Last edited by Zigenare; 19 October 2022, 13:24.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

America is trying to infiltrate us and our allies, such as America? America refuses to condemn Russia's attacks on Ukraine? Hmm.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Btw, the UK chose to give up Hong Kong Island and Kownloon, even though they'd been granted the lands in perpetuity.

Its Warty!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Btw, the UK chose to give up Hong Kong Island and Kownloon, even though they'd been granted the lands in perpetuity.

Really, you believe we had it in perpetuity? Seems someone can't read.

We stole it, via a war (drugs war, not nice are we) and forced China to cede the island. We then leased further territories the lease of which ran out in 1997.

We negotiated with PRC handing back the areas. There was no war, China did not invade, no one died (at the time, who knows since then).

So no, China are not the bogey men that seems some have been brain washed to believe.

Granted that they are culturally different to us in the west. But unlike the west and the warring traditions, China has NEVER invaded another country or started a war. Seems to me all China do are building up expertise to protect themselves.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Really, you believe we had it in perpetuity? Seems someone can't read.

We stole it, via a war (drugs war, not nice are we) and forced China to cede the island. We then leased further territories the lease of which ran out in 1997.

We negotiated with PRC handing back the areas. There was no war, China did not invade, no one died (at the time, who knows since then).

So no, China are not the bogey men that seems some have been brain washed to believe.

Granted that they are culturally different to us in the west. But unlike the west and the warring traditions, China has NEVER invaded another country or started a war. Seems to me all China do are building up expertise to protect themselves.
              and wrong as usual.

In the Treaty of Nanking, in 1842, the Qing government agreed to make Hong Kong a Crown colony, ceding it 'in perpetuity', following British victory in the First Opium War. During the second half of the 19th century, Britain had become concerned over the security of the isolated island, Hong Kong. Consequently, in Convention of Peking, following British victory in the Second Opium War, Kowloon Peninsula was ceded to Britain. The New Territories, with a 99-year lease, were the only territories forming the Crown colony of Hong Kong that were obliged by agreement to be returned.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conven...%20Hong%20Kong.

The thoughts of Private Warty are available in a little red book from a communist bookstore near you.

Better tell Tibet, Taiwan & Korea that they are making it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

and wrong as usual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conven...%20Hong%20Kong.

The thoughts of Private Warty are available in a little red book from a communist bookstore near you.

Better tell Tibet, Taiwan & Korea that they are making it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ublic_of_China
                It's Warty.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X