• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I suppose that is one way of making sure our Veterans don't end up on the street!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    actually as its defined by the veterans association
    That this is how they define it today neither supports nor contradicts Paddy's assertion about the origin of the term, in fact his whole point is that the modern definition has changed to what you posted.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That this is how they define it today neither supports nor contradicts Paddy's assertion about the origin of the term, in fact his whole point is that the modern definition has changed to what you posted.
      Paddy asked when, I referred him to Veteran's association which published their definition in 2020.

As my post was in 2022 two years after the Government changed the definition, mine is correct and Paddy is an old whiney fart!

HTH BIDI
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Paddy asked when, I referred him to Veteran's association which published their definition in 2020.

As my post was in 2022 two years after the Government changed the definition, mine is correct and Paddy is an old whiney fart!

HTH BIDI
        Bloody cancel culture with these liberal snowflakes changing definitions of things.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          The Troubles
          That's what I get after too much guiness, followed by a vindaloo
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

actually as its defined by the veterans association (they probably are in the know but some may disagree) -

There is no requirement for involvement in armed conflict or even attacking anything more dangerous than a pan of Gravy. Uncle Albert probably counts.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...eet_v9_web.pdf

Even those that haven't pointed a rifle at an enemy may have worse prospects returning to Civvy street, this is why the Armed forces covenant was launched.

Mental health & homelessness frequently are the issues.
            So, a group that has a vested interest in getting as many members as possible (and probably money too) defined a term that maximises their ranks? Well, must be right then

Comment

As for the original post .... why shouldn't these pilots maxiise their income if someone is willing to pay them? The UK government could make a counter offer, but instead they leak it to a red top to vilify these pilots.

And let's face it, the risk of british pilots going head to head with chinese pilots is pretty low, to zero. I'm guessing we've never had an incidence of a chinese fighter pilot engaging with a british plane?

All a storm in a bone china tea cup.
              Last edited by Whorty; 19 October 2022, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                As for the original post .... why shouldn't these pilots maxiise their income if someone is willing to pay them?
                Selling their government-funded training to a hostile nation?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So, a group that has a vested interest in getting as many members as possible (and probably money too) defined a term that maximises their ranks? Well, must be right then
                  actually the government defined it as part of the legislation to support the armed forces covenant this is just the quango that administers it.

Comment

As for the original post .... why shouldn't these pilots maxiise their income if someone is willing to pay them? The UK government could make a counter offer, but instead they leak it to a red top to vilify these pilots.

And let's face it, the risk of british pilots going head to head with chinese pilots is pretty low, to zero. I'm guessing we've never had an incidence of a chinese fighter pilot engaging with a british plane?

All a storm in a bone china tea cup.
                    China is hardly a friendly power. They have installed a number of backdoors in technology they sell to us and have aggressively positioned themselves to take over the financial world.

Would you think it was the same were it Russia? China isn't that far away in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Selling their government-funded training to a hostile nation?
                      Is there a clause in the contract to say that they can't do this? Are our nurses or doctors equally tied down?

Are China really hostile, or are they just another bogey man that our governments create to keep us sheep-like? I'm trying to think when China have threatened us directly?

Comment

Working...
                      X