• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

18% Rate rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18% Rate rise

Is this the amount I need to keep earning the same money?

8% for the corporation tax increase (81/75 - 1) and 10% for inflation.

You are getting 5% like everyone else.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
      ... the same money?...
      No ambition man.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

No ambition man.
        I am asking for 33%, but was just curious to know what the breakeven point is since I’m not very good at percentages.

Comment

I am asking for 33%, but was just curious to know what the breakeven point is since I’m not very good at percentages.
          Since we don't know your finances we can't answer.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

33% or you'll walk?

I'm assuming you're not after serious responses given you've posted in General.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Since we don't know your finances we can't answer.
              When has that every stopped us before?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                33% or you'll walk?

I'm assuming you're not after serious responses given you've posted in General.
                i was actually. Did the corporation tax just go from 19% to 25%? If it did, does that mean I need to charge 8% more to break even?

But feel free to add some banter instead if you don’t know the answer.

Comment

i was actually. Did the corporation tax just go from 19% to 25%? If it did, does that mean I need to charge 8% more to break even?

But feel free to add some banter instead if you don’t know the answer.
                  The corporation tax rate is tapered between £50,000 to £250,000

only above £250,000 is it 25%
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    The corporation tax rate is tapered between £50,000 to £250,000

only above £250,000 is it 25%
                    It was FAR better under Gordon Brown -

“For companies with profits between £300,001 and £1.5 million, a system of relief operates, such that the average tax rate for these companies is gradually brought into line with the main rate of corporation tax (which applies to profits above £1.5 million per year). Kenneth Clarke announced in the November 1996 Budget that the small companies’ rate would be reduced to 23% from April 1997, but this was superseded by Gordon Brown’s July 1997 Budget announcement of a cut to 21%, which was to be backdated to April 1997.”

He even had 10% rate!

Source - https://ifs.org.uk/sites/default/fil...8/08chap11.pdf

So 20 years later with massive inflation taper relief starts at 50k

Comment

Working...
                    X