• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You really have to laugh....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really have to laugh....

Ms Sturgeon said she would "try to work constructively" with Ms Truss as prime minister.

However, she also said "I detest the Tories and everything they stand for" when asked if she would rather have Labour in government.
    But that apart, she is demanding a referendum and claims 60% or more of Scots are in favour and would participate. I wonder how many of them would vote "No" in order to shut her up?
    Blog? What blog...?

45 of 59 MPs in Westminster and more than double the closest opposition party seat numbers in the Scottish Parliament.

A mandate that even the tories couldn't even dream of.

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      45 of 59 MPs in Westminster and more than double the closest opposition party seat numbers in the Scottish Parliament.

Yes. Says more about the Labour and Tory parties in Scotland than it does about the SNP. If the electorate looked at their actual record in government, it might be a little different. Also I think the Westminster numbers last time were biased by nobody wanting Corbyn and very few Scots wanting the Tories.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Yes. Says more about the Labour and Tory parties in Scotland than it does about the SNP. If the electorate looked at their actual record in government, it might be a little different. Also I think the Westminster numbers last time were biased by nobody wanting Corbyn and very few Scots wanting the Tories.
        So, you have constructed a set of circumstances in your head where 'you' believe there is no support for the SNP. You Tory types have tried to pull the narrative that it's just Nicola Sturgeon that's causing all this. It's not it's everyone who votes for it. The SNP mandate to do whatever is based on much higher voter percentages than anything the Tories or Labour have ever achieved.

If you want to look at government records, i would suggest you look at yours.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

But that apart, she is demanding a referendum and claims 60% or more of Scots are in favour and would participate. I wonder how many of them would vote "No" in order to shut her up?
          it didn't work last time!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Its like student unions, if someone else is paying the bill its shocking how many idiots get in.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So, you have constructed a set of circumstances in your head where 'you' believe there is no support for the SNP. You Tory types have tried to pull the narrative that it's just Nicola Sturgeon that's causing all this. It's not it's everyone who votes for it. The SNP mandate to do whatever is based on much higher voter percentages than anything the Tories or Labour have ever achieved.

Similar to wee Nipolean's assertion that the Scottish votes in the Brexit referendum applied to Scotland's wish to stay in the EU, not the UK as a whole and then using this as ammunition for a new Scottish referendum. Anyway, let's see what the High Court rules...
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No I haven't. Of course there is support for the SNP, but it's a mix of die-hard nationalists and those who dislike the other main parties as much as anything else. All I suggested was that while a lot of Scots may fancy another referendum, there is not an overwhelming case for saying that all of them would vote for separation and there is probably quite a number hoping to stop this endless pursuit of Wee Burnie's desire to be in charge. It's not me being blind to reality.

But it takes a certain level of blindness not to look at the SNP's record on their economy (which is propped up by the UK's net contribution anyway), health care outcomes, academic achievement and a few other things that are wilfully neglected by the SNP in pursuit of their one policy approach.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sturgeon claims there is a clear mandate for a referendum based on their election results assuming everyone who votes SNP wants Out. Rather than that people just voted for SNP because they like them better.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Sturgeon claims there is a clear mandate for a referendum based on their election results assuming everyone who votes SNP wants Out. Rather than that people just voted for SNP because they like them better.
                    Well if she claims that....
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X